Maybe John can still go home?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Maybe John can still go home?

Postby Whitestar on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:01 am

After watching the Peacekeeper Wars, I must admit that I enjoyed it immensely. It definitely tied up nearly all the loose ends and had great closure. Many of you have complained about the plot being fast paced and rushed, but for an epic film or mini-series it is very appropriate. In fact, when it was over I was out of breath! It was one major roller coaster ride and that's what made it so great.

Now I would like to point out that I think John can still get home even though he doesn't have the knowledge of wormhole technology. Why not just have Moya perform several starbursts until he can reach earth? Thoughts anyone?

Whitestar
Last edited by Whitestar on Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whitestar
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby lovingfarscape on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:32 am

Im not sure she can do that, if they couldn't get to earth b4 john entered and i dont think they can now. Its a hard questions because earth is in a diff universe and moya can only travel in the farscape universe and theres all that problem with time and wormholes.
All i have to say this is Fiction mainly this is Farscape anything can happen.
thanks for the question it makes u think
this lavishly produced space adventure quickly established itself as the most irreverent, unpredictable, sexy, intelligent, and exciting sci-fi show on TV.Ben Browder and Claudia Black have incredible chemistry
lovingfarscape
Delvian Pa'u

Postby john_aeryn_fanatic on Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:57 am

Welcome and glad you enjoyed PKW.. it was fantastic wasnt it??
I alway hope that John could still reach earth again. Moya starbursting all the way to earth would be impractical, and extremely tiring on Moya and Pilot, it would probably take cycles to get there. But i still believe that John probably has remnants of wormhole information in his brain, having been there for so long, it would be hard to extract every tiny bit of it. If going back to earth was really what john wanted to do, im sure he would start again with the wormhole equations and attempt to get home. But at this stage, i dont think that going back to earth is on John's agenda, and lovingfarscape mentioned, there is the 'time' factor with wormholes, so travelling to earth could muck up several timelines.
However, with farscape, nothing is impossible!

j_a_f
ImageImage
john_aeryn_fanatic
Nebari Snurcher

Postby BlackAdder on Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:28 am

It might be possible through a variety of ways. Pilot could see wormholes as they formed. So there is that to be considered also. Admittedly, working solely with that they would have no idea whether or not they would end up there. Plus, they sort of closed that one down. I'm not sure that would preclude another one ever opening but I bet it would certainly raise the odds a bit more into the "unlikely" area.

However, I think the real thing is that John has embraced his life away from Earth. He's seen too much, done too much to ever be content there again and he has only a few reasons to wish to return. Mainly his family...but he bid his father goodbye and Jack was the main tie to earth for John.

If he knew earth was in danger then I think he'd feel compelled to try anything that he could.

I think they left enough wiggle room in the plot to allow for a future storyline in they could. However, if we ever see more Farscape I hope that that isn't the goal. I felt the series wrapped up the ties to Earth storyline very well.
BlackAdder
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:15 am

Im not sure she can do that, if they couldn't get to earth b4 john entered and i dont think they can now. Its a hard questions because earth is in a diff universe and moya can only travel in the farscape universe and theres all that problem with time and wormholes.

actually, scorpy says it is a 60-cycle journey for a command carrier. In into the lions den II.

so he could. But he would probably be dead by the time he got there.

Actually, (I should not really be saying this), one of our more creative authors for V5 HAS come up with a solution to this.

Interested?
the eps will start coming out in Late September/early November.
Until then, you'll just have to be patient.
:P
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:16 pm

I am pretty sure that the writers are not ever going to let John go back to earth.

That was what "Kansas" and "Terra Firma" were all about after all - you can't go home again. And even in "Bad Timing", when John made that final call to his father, he did it from the Moon - for very good storytelling reasons. John is never going home again.

John is a big boy now - in the big bad universe - and he has to make his future there.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby SeptimusG on Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:26 pm

No...I don't think he can.

When Einstein removed the Wormhole knowledge, he removed it all...kinda like when Stark gave the Eidelons knowledge away...it was just gone, no remnants whatsoever.

And, likewise...he doesn't want to go home. The end of PKW basically told me that John had accepted his new home...and he wanted his son to grow among the stars and such.

"This is your playground" and all that.
"I drank what?!"
--Socrates
SeptimusG
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby TINemo on Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:18 am

MMMMM-I don't know. I think that what was erased was the knowledge of how to make a wormhole WEAPON. It does not necessarily follow that John can no longer *smell* a wormhole or travel thru one. Remember he traveled thru the first one without even knowing they existed.Besides Pilot and Aeryn can also sense wormholes to a degree.

I think if it serves the writers purpose--whatever that might be--another wormhole could occur from which Earth could be reached. They didn't say anything about Pilot having lost the knowledge of where earth is.

I agree that John knows he and Aeryn and the rest can not go and live permanently on Earth--that they well and truly learned in Kansas and Terra Firma--but he might be able to make a short visit to see Jack and show him little D, or he might find it possible, since IASA is working on getting into space, to meet somewhere else, Mars? Moon?

Even our RL NASA announced today new plans for modules to the moon and then to Mars. By 2018 I think. Little D would be a teenager by then but still-------
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:46 am

John can go home. He has the wormhole knowledge still because Harvey says that Einstein took the wormhole weapons part from him , not the other knowledge. However I believe he won't go back to Earth, if he does it will probably be to introduce little D. His life is now amongst the stars with Aeryn and little D. After all he tells his son "this is your playground", although it's possible for him he could return to modern day Earth by going into another wormhole and opening it up again, after all it's all about time but he won't do that. of course it would be interesting if Jack opened a wormhole up to find him, because didn't John leave him navigation and other knowledge on the tape recorder which he left for him on the moon.
Last edited by littlejamie on Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby TINemo on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:22 am

Yes. John told his Dad Jack that the wormhole data was on the tape recorder near the flag that Jac k planted on the Moon.

If IASA is better than NASA at building shuttles that don't get damaged by foam from the fuel tank,they should be able to go up and retrieve the data.

Now whether anyone can duplicate the experiment based on John's data---without any input from John--is another question altogether. And whether Einstein's *people* will let them do so is another.

But I prefer to think that--if the time is right-- John can indeed go home again(at least for a visit.) He has lots of psychological issues to deal with as the consequence of the events he set in motion with the wormhole weapon, but John has proved very resilient in the past. I prefer to think some day Jack will get to meet little D.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:01 am

I agree. John is really resilient , he never gives up. I also agree with you on duplicating the experiment , who knows if it can be done again , however if it happened once doesn't mean that it can't be done again. I'm sure John probably gave him some hints to figure out the secret is understanding time because he won't just come out and give it to him. It would be nice to see father and son reunited again and for Jack to meet little D and see that he and Aeryn are married. John does have alot of psychological issues because of using the wormhole weapon he does feel bad about all the innocent deaths, however he had to use it to make peace and protect Aeryn and little D, to show both sides words and people make peace not weapons. Besides who would believe him probably just Jack and his sisters , even bobby.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby TINemo on Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:04 pm

I don't know if it still exists but there used to be a Journal of Unrepeatable Experminents or Unrepeatable Results or some such title. Many scientists have announced research results noone else could reproduce --even using their supposed methodology. I remember one years ago about Loyola Univ finding an organism which caused(they said) preeclampsia or pregnancy induced hypertension. Noone else ever found the organism in their patients.---and there's cold fusion and lots of others. Even if John was very clear in the lmited amount of data he could put on that teeny tape recorder, it mostly consisted(I believe )of mathematical formulae using symbols that mean nothing at least to me. In one scene Scorpious is speaking them out loud and they are so much gibberish(of course--since the writers have no idea how to make a wormhole). It's not that easy to convert formulae into a concrete method of doing something.

I mean we've all heard of E = mc2 but what do you do with that to get an atomic bomb?????????No, don't bother to tell me, I sort of know.

I hope John and Aeryn and kid or kids can go home for a visit--but first we need more Farscape---and I'm certainly not hearing any progress on that front.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby LD! on Mon May 22, 2006 1:10 pm

But I thought moya could not control exactly where they jumped?
At least in the first few seasions that what was being said I haven't seen the last 3 seasions for awile so I don't know if they found away around this or not.
RAWR
LD!
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby TINemo on Thu May 25, 2006 9:10 pm

I think that the idea was: at first Pilot--who had replaced the original pilot although he had not been selected or trained or certified by his own people--wasn't very good at piloting. Remember, also, that Sikuzo said the DRDS were not programmed properly.It was a kind of learn while you earn deal. He was pretty much making it up as he went along. later on --with experience-- he had various coordinates in his(moya's) data banks and he could return to places he had been before.

How differenly many things might have worked out if Pilot had known what he was supposed to know---boy! have I been there before.
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:16 am

Pilot does tell Aeryn early in season one that he doesn't understand all of Moya's data information.

Yeah he does say he can't control where they go out of after starburst. However you can control if you know where your going I think. After all he did those extended starbursts. They also were able to get to Arnesk through starburst.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Next

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars