So....what was missing?

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

So....what was missing?

Postby Kheldrion Dawn on Fri May 13, 2005 6:38 pm

Wheeew,

I just finished rewatching the entire series in one go from ep 1 to PK wars ( i had a little DVD shopping frenzy) and it blew me away- again. Now that sensations like hunger, thirst or the need for human contact other than the pal I made watching the entire thing, once again register on my brain, I'm thinking.

I miss a few things (naturally) and I wanted to know, what you missed. mean Scenes you would have liked to see, stories wrapped up or themes you would have liked adressed.

I'll restrain myself from writing my stuff down here for now and I'm curious...
Choose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. - Richard Carlson
Kheldrion Dawn
Delvian Pa'u

Postby BrentBarrett on Fri May 13, 2005 9:16 pm

There are going to be many things listed here. There's no way they could satisfy everyone's desires with three hours (when you take out commercials) of mini-series and just four seasons of regular shows.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Firecracker on Fri May 13, 2005 11:36 pm

Aeryn introducing Baby D to Pilot. Aeryn is the closest thing Pilot has to family besides Moya. And Aeryn feels the same way about Pilot. I really wanted to see that scene.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: So....what was missing?

Postby Urpling on Sun May 15, 2005 10:14 am

Kheldrion Dawn wrote:Wheeew,

I just finished rewatching the entire series in one go from ep 1 to PK wars ( i had a little DVD shopping frenzy) and it blew me away- again. Now that sensations like hunger, thirst or the need for human contact other than the pal I made watching the entire thing, once again register on my brain, I'm thinking.

I miss a few things (naturally) and I wanted to know, what you missed. mean Scenes you would have liked to see, stories wrapped up or themes you would have liked adressed.

I'll restrain myself from writing my stuff down here for now and I'm curious...

I know that this goes against the thinking of many telly programmes (and film studios) but I like moments that are not jam-packed full of action, highly charged dialogue or VFX. (Don't get me wrong, I like these things if they are not too dominant and are well executed...sensitively done.)

I like writers and directors who are daring enough to say deep and wide things in silence and in subtlety (and in a sensitive score and cinematography). Silence, pacing and subtlety is what I missed in PKW's and loved in the rest of FS...and would love to see again...done by the production team that demonstrated total passion and commitment.

I could feel it...and it came out on the screen (flaws and all).

I had never seen the like before...except for the odd movie (most of them Independent Productions) and the odd, very, very rare TV programme.

It was a compliment...paid to audience intelligence. Viewers felt respected...and returned the compliment with that selfsame intelligent passion and commitment.

It's an intoxicating duet that I long for more of too, Kheldrion Dawn. To see that end is a very palpable loss indeed!

Edit: PS: I actually haven't answered your question really. Nice excuse to mourn what I'd love to see more of though...these things I miss. :watery grin:
Urpling
Kalish Resistance

Postby Kheldrion Dawn on Sun May 15, 2005 10:48 am

Silence and Subtlety.... exactly

That's why I love FS! Sometimes the unspoken is louder than the spoken, especially with that cast. In some episode scenes a single glance held a world of meaning and thats why I enjoy watching certain scenes over and over again, because the unspoken leaves room for the imagination.
Choose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time. - Richard Carlson
Kheldrion Dawn
Delvian Pa'u

Postby joe6991 on Tue May 17, 2005 10:22 am

It would have been great to see John return to Earth and all of the possibilities there. Perhaps exploring more of the connection between humans and other species and, of course, whether or not John retains anything of wormholes - or his son has the knowledge.

You know, just the loose ends.

joe
Hi honey. Guess what I did at work today? I wore a bomb. A nuclear bomb in a field of flowers. I could get lucky. Tomorrow I could have a bigger bomb. I could kill more people. Maybe they'll be innocent people. Children, maybe.

~~John Crichton
joe6991
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Location: Australia for the most part, but I move around a lot.

Postby Firecracker on Tue May 17, 2005 4:42 pm

joe6991 wrote:It would have been great to see John return to Earth and all of the possibilities there. Perhaps exploring more of the connection between humans and other species and, of course, whether or not John retains anything of wormholes - or his son has the knowledge.

You know, just the loose ends.

joe

I gotta point out that returning to earth isn't a loose end. John isn't ever gonna go home again. "Terra Firma" was all about that - you can't go home again.

When John said goodbye to his father in "Bad Timing" there were good storytelling resaons why he did it from the moon and not face to face.

That is why he left his tape recorder - his message in a bottle - on the moon beside the flag, and why the writers didn't let him have time to return to earth to say goodbye face to face. That storyline possibility ended in "Bad Timing" - in as many ways as the writers could make it clear.

Exploring the connection between the Sebacean Race (and by extrapolation humanity) and other species is an intriguing idea. But John is the only human in the Uncharted Territories. Even Baby D is part Pilot and part Sebacean... not to mention whatever the Ancients did to John's DNA which would be passed on (or so the Scarrens apprarently believed).

That would be an interesting avenue to explore.

However I would like to know who attacked the Eidelons with the Darness probes in the first place. Personally - my vote is for the Peacekeepers, who didn't like being used as cannon fodder and felt that they could do the job faster at the point of a gun.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:53 am

I agree with you Firecracker. It would of been really nice to see that, because of the special bond between them. Maybe have John there too, or even when he finishes saying " where's your mother" have Aeryn come back in and sit on the bed and say don't you ever scare me like that again and punch him softly. Also more little unspoken moments between John and Aeryn, Einstein returning one more time giving John an opportunity to go to Earth and introduce litttle D to his dad ,sisters, and even Bobby. Or have the three of them on command with Aeryn holding little D and he points out the window to a wormhole opening up, which Aeryn replies to saying frell and John just smiles then they look at eachother then at little D.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Little D seeing a wormhole

Postby Philip Depalma on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:30 pm

Sounds like the start of the next movie/miniseries.

Followed by Einstein pulling them in ang giving John back he wormhole knowledge. Probably followed by some new threat which will force both the PKs and Scarrens to work togethor.
Philip Depalma
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Vye King on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:06 pm

No. PKs and Scarrens working together just wouldn`t sit right.

what I miss most is the relationships betwen John and everyone else
His love for Aeryn that fate seems to hate
His comradarie with D`argo
His big brother/little sister relationship with Chiana
His undying affection for Moya and Pilot
His "neither of us is going to admit we like each other" friendship with Rygel
Even his love/hate relationship with Harvy and his hate/respect one with Scorpius

Most Sci-Fi is about the situations the characters find themselves in, the aliens they deal with, the galactic politics behind them. Farscape was about the characters, thats what set it apart and thats what i`ll miss most. They were so well written and well acted that they feel more like old friends.

(And for proving that not eveything that comes out of Australia is deep touching dramas)
Vye King
Luxan Warrior

Postby Vye King on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:29 pm

And the Nebari Contagion
Ozscape 2 9th and 10th June 2007
https://ssllocked.com/~events/index.php ... &Itemid=72
Everybodys crazy, it's just how much.
Proudly a few levels above the norm.
Vye King
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:35 pm

I thought of something that I thought was missing in PKW. Which was everyone learning that Little D was actually John's.

It would of been nice seeing John tell Dargo, and have them have a classic John and Dargo moment.

Even Aeryn telling Chiana.

Instead everyone automactically knows, even the bad guys.

I believe Aeryn didn't tell anyone before she told John in the boat. Considering what happened the first time around.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars