Anyone else notice John's remark about fate? (spoilers)

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Anyone else notice John's remark about fate? (spoilers)

Postby jacl on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:40 pm

I just noticed something, wondering if anyone else noticed it or if I'm reading into it too much. When Moya crash lands into the ocean and everyone gets thrown around, John and Aeryn get thrown physically together and John says something like "you see, fate". Now, I just felt that this scene was so similar to that scene in about Episode 1.2 (I, ET). In that scene, Moya also crashes into the water (this time a swamp) and John and Aeryn are thrown together in much the same way. Anyone else notice this and think it was deliberate (especially given John's comment)?
jacl
Luxan Warrior

yes actually...

Postby Vis Major X on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:02 pm

Yeah I noticed it. You are not alone.. I think that was totally done intenionally (of course it was.. these people are not dummies - neither are we). So yeah, I think that was suppose to be a little book end there.
Vis Major X
Luxan Warrior

Postby BrentBarrett on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:03 pm

Yes, the image was deliberate, certainly, just as the use of the terrace at the end was an echo of their first terrace scene in Exodus From Genesis, the other Farscape story directed by Brian Henson. But his comment about fate was tied to his discussion with her in their bedroom earlier, where he said that fate keeps blocking all the exits and forces him into a certain path. I'm sure it served a dual purpose with that deja vu scene, but as far as the story goes, I believe it was tied to his fate comments from a few minutes before that.
The John and Aeryn Site
http://www.johnaeryn.com

BrentBarrett
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sazzmo on Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:21 pm

Yeah makes sense to be dual used like that...
The use of the terrace was cool, as they used it in the premiere and then litterally it never showed up again until the mini...
Sazzmo
Luxan Warrior

Postby Dan Forever on Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:55 pm

it wasn't the premier it was the wierd bug swarm things episode a few episodes after.
Dan Forever
Luxan Warrior

Postby Sazzmo on Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:13 am

yeah i realized that... but you know what i mean...
Sazzmo
Luxan Warrior

Postby littlejamie on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:53 pm

I agree with BrentBarrett. It is about their conversation in their bedroom from a few minutes earlier.

I also love the dual purpose of the fate comment. Along with the terrace scene echoing from their only other one in "Exodus From Genesis".
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars