Farscape Will Continue - (Spoiler)

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Would a spinoff series focusing on D'Argo Crichton satisfy you?

Yes! It would still be Farscape.
28%
It's better than nothing - but I'd keep trying.
46%
No! Make that a last resort, please!
25%

Total votes : 52

Farscape Will Continue - (Spoiler)

Postby Allara on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:41 pm

If you haven't already read these incrediable articles, then do so now. :D
Also please take my lovely lit'l poll. I'm just trying to learn some things.

Excerpts from: August 2004's, SCI FI Magazine.
THE OFFICIAL MAGAZINE OF THE SCI FI CHANNEL
See: Farscape Lives by: Kathie Huddleston

"As a result of this big, big miniseries, there are opportunities for Farscape that didn’t exist when the series ended."

"Henson believes the miniseries will take the universe to a place where Farscape can continue."

“Coming out of the series, we had left so many cliffhangers that we really couldn’t just go anywhere. We needed to bring the characters to some sort of stasis. We had to bring them, not completely to a resolution, but to place where we could make a theatrical movie. We could make a spinoff series. We could make more miniseries. We can go in almost any direction. And I think what we’ll do is we’ll see how this miniseries does and take it from there.”

"And who knows? If Farscape fans have anything to say about it, come December they won’t have seen the last of John Crichton and his pals, even if they have to travel through wormholes to keep the Farscape universe alive."

Excerpts from: September 2004's, dreamwatch Magazine.
THE FUTURE OF FANTASTIC ENTERTAINMENT
See: Fade To Black and Fatal Attraction by: Mark Juddery

Journey’s End?

"Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars might resolve all the plot threads from the ongoing series, but it also leaves the door open for further Farscape adventures. Black expects the sage to continue, but doesn’t know if she will remain a part of it."

“Farscape is a franchise,” she notes. “It’s financially viable to keep the brand of Farscape going, but I don’t believe that I will necessarily still be connected to it, because I might be too old by the time the franchise continues. I don’t know what Brian Henson has in store for the show.”

Fatal Attraction

“I always did think that it should come back. Farscape could go on for another 10 years,” says Raelee Hill, who reprises her role as the arrogant and super-intelligent Kalish warrior Sikozu Svala Shanti Sugaysi Shanu in Farscape, “It’s that sort of show. When the show was axed, I thought, “That’s not fair! There’s so much more to tell. You can travel with this for years!”

Check out http://www.farscape.com/ for more current articles involving Farscape.

Why did I copy down all of this? It really gave me hope. The fact that the cast, crew, writers, and fans are all so eager to see Farscape return will be what makes it happen. We just have to keep up the hard work.

I know that the ratings for Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars were not all that great. In fact they matched up with the ratings that saw to the demise of Farscape during it's fourth season.

(I stand corrected! We should all be throwing massive Farscape parties with one another. We surpassed all our competition except for the sports-related events on television and might just have seen to Farscape coming back! On a random note: I'm dressing up as Chiana for Halloween. :3)

Still for some unknown reason I believe this show will continue, despite the fact the ratings don't surpass Stargate SG-1 or other Sci Fi original series.

So what is going to happen?

I'm looking forward to a fifth season. My reasons?

I don't think a theatrical movie would give Farscape the justice it deserves. But I would still support it, nonetheless. It would just be another two great hours.

However, would it even have Ben Browder in it and the rest of the original cast? A lot of theatrical movies based on television shows don't keep the cast and takes years to make! For example: Lost in Space.

A spinoff would be welcomed by many fans and, of course, I would be eager to watch it. Spinoffs often fail and dampen what made the show great in the first place. A spinoff would reflect our beloved Farscape.

I would hate to see Farscape end up like the original Battlestar Galactica that, much like Farscape, was canceled during its' prime and then returned with a failure of a spinoff.

And now - how many years later - it is returning yet again with an all new look and cast? It might be successful and I will be tuning in myself but as a fan of the original I will never consider them the same show.

Personally I would love to Farscape continue on with a late fifth season which would include the cast we love. Plenty of storylines have been left open to explore.

What are some of the theories though? Do you think the spinoff, if it ever comes, will focus on D'Argo Sun-Crichton and his life? And will that satisfy us fans?

The movie? What do you think the script would involve? The original plot line that was explored during the first season or a more advanced plot?

Reply and give me some of the idea's. I'd love to know what you're all thinking. How many of us are worried it won't return and how many of us, like myself, -know- that sooner or later Farscape will earn the respect it reserves.

It's a masterpiece and I love it.

Let's not let it slip away - keep up the good work!
Last edited by Allara on Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Knowing is nothing. Imagining is everything.
Allara
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Frelling Scrub on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:54 pm

I want to see the focus on John, Aeryn, Chiana, Rigel, Pilot, Moya and the rest for as long as possible. There are still plenty of possibilities for their story so I wouldn't want to see s spin-off so soon.
Frelling Scrub
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Darkfire on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:59 pm

Although I would love to see the original Farscape crew continue their adventures,a spinoff focusing on D'Argo Crichton would be alright too. Like you said,it's better than nothing,especially for a Sci-Fi fan.
"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
Darkfire
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby datsdewody on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:04 pm

I don't think a theatrical movie would give Farscape the justice it deserves. But I would still support it, nonetheless. It would just be another two great hours.

I think that Farscape doesn't really appeal to a massive audience...IT SHOULD, though!

My thinking is that people will be a little wierded out by a Farscape movie, if I wasn't a scaper and a movie came out, I'd be a little intimidated I guess by the huge story behind it

I would be reallllllly wierd if the actors weren't the same

STARRING

Brad Pitt as John Crichton
------
Catherine Zeta Jones as Aeryn Sun
------
Vin Diesel as Ka D'argo
------
Calista Flockhart as Chiana
-----
and
Danny DeVito as Rygel

....*shudders*=; [-X :-s

...actually....thinking about the (GOD NO just a thought) "replacement" actors, who do you guys think would be a good fit for the characters??
datsdewody
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Frelling Scrub on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:17 pm

IMO a movie would be horrible unless it was made to be an extended episode. Just look at the mini and how they crammed so much stuff into it that there was no depth to some of the stuff they were bring up.
Frelling Scrub
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

My thoughts

Postby scapergirl on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:22 pm

I would LOVE a fifth season of the original Farscape, but I just don't know that they'll do. There's waaaaaay too much back story for a feature film unfortunately (I had to refresh my friend's memory as to why some things happened in the miniseries and she was a Farscape fan). As long and Ben Browder and Claudia Black were in a spin off about D'Argo Sun-Crichton I would be OK with that. I think best case scenario would be that they do a few more miniseries. I just hope that they don't let these wonderful characters go to waste.
scapergirl
Luxan Warrior

Postby Avenger0 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:29 pm

datsdewody wrote:STARRING

------
------
Vin Diesel as Ka D'argo
------
-----
and
Danny DeVito as Rygel

LMAO! That brought a tear to my eye!

I think that Rockne, David, and Brian are the pivotal people to make the show good, and the cast and other crew perfects Farscape. I would be grateful if they had another project with all of the characters in it, but a spin-off with just one or two main characters (i.e. Chiana or Scorpius or Rygel) would be great too.
Avenger0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Flake on Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:19 am

*Spoiler*

I don't see how they can't make a series spin-off! The characters are so well loved by all us fans that something else has to happen. If some of the actors feel that they are getting too old or don't want to continue on, why not do a spin-off with John and Aeryn's son? The universe can’t be completely peaceful, and John didn’t make the best impression on every alien species he ran into. I’m personally thinking of writing my own little “Fans Having Fun” story where one person writes down their own idea about what could happen next for the original Farscape cast or a spin-off idea, and then post it and get feedback or ideas from other fans. Too many questions are still unanswered for me to completely believe that the show it over.
Rygel: We need to blend in.
John: Blend in? Hell when we got here the clock stopped. We couldn't blend in on Butt-Ugly night.
Flake
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby LUEshi on Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:41 am

STARRING

------
------
Vin Diesel as Ka D'argo
------
-----
and
Danny DeVito as Rygel

LOL!

Imagine:

Will Smith as John Crichton
Arnold Schwarzenegger as D'Argo
Keanu Reeves as Scorpius

*Crichton improperly summons a wormhole and it starts devouring Moya*

Crichton: AW HELL NAW!

D'Argo: GET TO DA CHOPPA!

Scorpius: ...Whoa.
LUEshi
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby CdnFarscape on Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:47 am

LUEshi wrote:
STARRING

------
------
Vin Diesel as Ka D'argo
------
-----
and
Danny DeVito as Rygel

LOL!

Imagine:

Keanu Reeves as Scorpius

Man, you guys are killing me! lol!

But seriously now... OK who am I kidding?
Scorpius: John, Dude, can we, like, go into that narly wormhole?

haha!

Would have liked to see more of Hyneria, though...

Cdn
CdnFarscape
Kalish Resistance

Postby Flake on Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:59 am

LUEshi wrote:
STARRING

------
------
Vin Diesel as Ka D'argo
------
-----
and
Danny DeVito as Rygel

LOL!

Imagine:

Keanu Reeves as Scorpius

I'm sitting here crying over the possible loss of the greats show, and you guys almost made me pee my pants.

Thanks, really needed that.
Rygel: We need to blend in.
John: Blend in? Hell when we got here the clock stopped. We couldn't blend in on Butt-Ugly night.
Flake
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby datsdewody on Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:26 pm

LOL!

Imagine:

Keanu Reeves as Scorpius

LMAO!! You almost killed me!!

*snort* Da choppa??!!!! Hahaha
datsdewody
Delvian Pa'u

Postby PauZhotaBrit on Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:28 pm

Man you guys are all so funny! My co-workers are giving me strange looks as I st at my desk and laugh out loud!
Scorpious played by Keanu Reeves still has me laughing!
Scorpious...Whoa!
That is classic!
"It's OK! You were in my shoes, I was in your pants." Aeryn in Out of Their Minds

"Aeryn! She's my Zhann in every way, I love her and I would die for her" John in Meltdown
PauZhotaBrit
Peacekeeper Commander

Entertaining

Postby Allara on Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:01 am

Glad to know you are all so entertaining.
You have me laughing as well. :D

Who is all going to this next Con?
I want to but I'm not sure I could get there and I've never been to any sort of convention before. o.o I'm such a newbie, lol.

I need like a: Farscape Con Survival Guide.
Knowing is nothing. Imagining is everything.
Allara
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby xfkirsten on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:31 am

CdnFarscape wrote:
LUEshi wrote:LOL!

Imagine:

Keanu Reeves as Scorpius

Man, you guys are killing me! lol!

But seriously now... OK who am I kidding?
Scorpius: John, Dude, can we, like, go into that narly wormhole?

You guys are great... that laugh is just what I needed today! Thanks!! :D
"Some imagination, huh?"
xfkirsten
Delvian Pa'u

Next

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars