Official Peacekeeper Wars general comments/discussion thread

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

thats it... and there ain't no more. (spoiler)

Postby ishmael on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:40 am

well, its been great. really. best tv series ever, apart maybe from "auf weidersehn, pet". best sci fi series, certainly. getting the miniseries made was a fantastic effort on the part of the production people, the writers, the cast and everyone else, and i hope farscape comes back in some other guise, but i find it difficult to see how anything can be added to crichtons story without losing the things that made farscape great. farscape has lost major characters before, but losing D'Argo is a step too far - without him it becomes too much crichton and aeryns story, rather than an ensemble piece. they could bring him back (again) but then that kind of goes against the "dead is dead" finality of the show. and without him and harvey the best sources of humour in the show have gone as well.

on a commercial level i think the peacekeeper wars was too hard for newcomers as well; i have been begging my wife to watch it for months, but she found it alternately confusing and silly, whereas i saw "involved" and "low humour".

on another note, did anyone else find the supporting cast dialogue a little bit "lord of the rings"? one of the things i like the show for is it's snappy dialogue, but a lot of this seemed a bit stilted. maybe i'm just rusty...

i *have* just finished watching part 2 for the first time on sky mix, and i took my favourite characters exit pretty badly, so maybe it will all look better in the morning...
ishmael
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Newbie on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:41 pm

forgive me for saying this but if Dargo didnt died the show would been to happy.. more then it is.. i liked liked the PKW but its not one of my top 10 epi..
Jason Watt er glad
Rasmus Trads er flad
Britney Spears er sød
Kurt Cobain er død
Michael Stipe er vis

Wesley Snipes er fis
Jimmy Floyd er sort
OJ Simpson er spurgt

du’ et true love hug
som er mere yndefuld
du’ superliga
Du’ supersmuk
du’ supercool
du’ superfræk
Jeg’ supervæk

Go Nephew
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby iwtv on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:48 am

Agree with ya Newbie. Who was it I talking to about D'Argo's death....neway, like I said, there are always casualties in war...on both sides. Sad but true.
Anarchistic runaway!!
iwtv
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Voter_Colonel on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Did anybody else find the timbre of Pilots voice in PKW just a little odd?
It seemed to me to be pitched just a bit higher than previously.
Anyone know of anything technical having been altered?
What Strain of Madness Summoned These Foul Visions To Assault My Sense?
What Caste of Diabolic Spell Raised These Denizens of Hell?
Voter_Colonel
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby iwtv on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:38 am

I'm haven't heard or read nething about Pilot's voice but you're bottom captions are cool as hell! What are they from, Voter?
Anarchistic runaway!!
iwtv
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Voter_Colonel on Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:24 am

The words are from a piece by Maxwell Langdown, titled The Bloodied Sword.
Backing Music by Midge Ure & Chris Cross, formerly of Ultravox. It continues, " I'd Run, As liars flee from truth, Were I not held transfixed by this serpent's eye of sorcery."
Released in 1983
What Strain of Madness Summoned These Foul Visions To Assault My Sense?
What Caste of Diabolic Spell Raised These Denizens of Hell?
Voter_Colonel
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Mablung on Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:40 am

best tv series ever

Farscape is second best, nothing can or ever will beat Sienfield.

But is definitely the greatest scifi show of all time, that is without question.
What is time? It is meaningless and yet it is all that exists

The dingo ate your BABY!!!!!!!!

Long live Sinn Fein!!!!!!!
Mablung
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

What a most frellin' excellent ride!

Postby SunKrux on Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:55 am

Just watched it again. ManStud gave me the DVD for Valentine's day.

Damn that's some fine telly! I had so much going on in my life when it originally aired, I didn't really let my emotions surface. This time...I did. I enjoyed it. I relished the experience, even the deaths of D'Argo , Sikozu and Jool.

The scenes before Aeryn and John named the baby, with Stark saying good-bye, Aeryn watching, waiting for John to wake up, simply wonderful. For a long time I didn't like "Three's not such a scary number" (whatever it is), but now, it rang true.

Watching Aeryn and John name little D, was simply beautiful. The end...fabulous!

Can't wait to see what they come up with next!
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Re: thats it... and there ain't no more. (spoiler)

Postby Urpling on Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am

ishmael wrote:...on another note, did anyone else find the supporting cast dialogue a little bit "lord of the rings"? one of the things i like the show for is it's snappy dialogue, but a lot of this seemed a bit stilted. maybe i'm just rusty...

I think what you were witness to were scripts having to be changed on the fly...well 'the floor' actually...as Ben intimated to camera...it's not a good way to make telly. :D

Everything was done in such a rush...and there were unforeseen cast problems... amongst other things...running a week or so late...I know that FS always did work under enormous pressures...and as Brian Henson said, tempers flew...(like in any good family).

...but I just get the feeling that PKW's was a little 'rougher' than normal...one of the things that probably saved it was the 'shorthand'...the familiarity of those same people working together again...

It's not unlike where I work...we work under ridiculous pressure...but we know each other so well...we know when something is needed...we know how it's needed...and what each of us is good and not so good at. We're covering for each all the while...enormous team spirit...gets us through each difficult day. The atmosphere in our staffroom is incredibly warm and we're always joking about...if the students could hear us, they'd be amazed! We're like kids! Actually, worse than kids! Very theraputic stuff!

But it's actually similar to a 'war-spirit' thing. Adversity has a way of binding people together. (My secret wish is that we'd learn how to do that sans hardship :) )
Urpling
Kalish Resistance

Postby Emram on Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:52 pm

Voter_Colonel, are you by any chance from the UK? You're clearly a Red Dwarf fan, even your user name is Lister's alter ego from "Back To Reality"!

Or are you a "furriner" who appreciates quality comedy?
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby demented bogpanda on Mon May 23, 2005 1:16 pm

whats a furriner, in this context?
ah yes, the cheese stew
demented bogpanda
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby budowa_cepa on Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:33 pm

I agree with that.

Postby Emram on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:03 pm

demented bogpanda wrote:whats a furriner, in this context?

That would presumably be someone not from the UK, as Red Dwarf is British.

But it's genius has sadly not been followed by Hyperdrive, although shows some promise.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby desert fox on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:53 pm

Note : English is not my native language. Sorry for my mistakes if there are any.

SPOILER

Just watched mini series , right after all episodes and shocking finale of S4.

How can I describe myself I don't know. This was a very suberb production for tv. I mean while watching PK Wars ( especially second part ) I throught that was a roller-coaster ride. Birth of baby , defence of Idolons , death of Ka'Dargo , wormhole weapon , Crichton comatose while Aeyrn screaming for help , speaking to him ( Aeyrn had gone through an increadeble change since season 1 ) That was a finale full of emotion and action. In both four seoson run and mini series there was immense emotion and drama as well as action , suspense and humor. ( not every tv show or mini series have them as well as this wonderful acting and chemistry ) We invested so much to these charachters.

I hope and wish we see more Farscape. A movie maybe I don't know. That was so good. Why nobody picked it up right after PK Wars ( another channel ) ? Can't they see what a wonderful series it is ? Even Stargate SG-1 went on 10 season and it is not even that good !
desert fox
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

DVD & Netflix

Postby StellarDiversion on Thu May 25, 2006 6:39 am

TIP!

Greatest Farscape episode guide: This site!

Most cost effective means of watching missed / fave episodes: Netflix.... line 'em up, move 'em out, and "eat 'em up"
'Me making weapons is just a means to your ends.' - Crichton to Scorpy, The Peacekeeper Wars.
StellarDiversion
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

PreviousNext

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars