Official Peacekeeper Wars general comments/discussion thread

This forum is specifically to discuss anything to do with the story of the mini-series. <b>This forum contains SPOILERS!</b>

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby AlmostOutOfFuel on Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:03 am

and finally, my opinion of the miniseries:

A) I think it was very impressive from a general TV point of view.
B) I think they had a lot of good Farscape stuff in there to make us fans happy.
C) I felt dissapointed by the lack of a few key Farscape things:
. 1) It felt weird to have a big 4-hour Farscape event that didn't end with some big twist or cliffhanger. I understand the need for closure, but one of the strengths of Farscape was how they end every big 4-hour finale of the season with a big unexpected, confusing turn of events. Zaan returning. Moya being pregnant. They could have done something shocking without it being a cliffhanger. It just felt weird to have the final fifteen minutes be pretty much un-shocking.
. 2) Along those same lines, it felt weird to not have a big revelation about the depth of Scorpius's intelligence and plans. Every other season he had a big ace up his sleeve to pull out and surprise everyone. This time, he was mostly just along for the ride, playing military commander. He is such a great complex character, but this didn't live up to the promise of Harvey's "Scorpius's mysteries unfold slowly" line in the first part.
. 3) Along those same lines, it would have been nice if towards the end the upgraded Harvey took one last shot at corrupting John into making the weapons, and John had to overcome some intenal battle with Harvey (another strong point of the show).
. 4) Along those same lines, we didn't find out what the deal was with Noranti (the old woman). It seemed clear to me that she was a plant of Scorpius from the end of the 3rd season. John mysteriously decided to rescue her pod from Scorpuis carrier, she pushed those drugs on him, she had some psychic abilities, she seemed to have this very specific interest in John. My theory originally was that she had a Scorpius clone in her too, and that was why she was kinda batty. But that didn't pan out. I just REALLY wanted to know what the deal was. That seemed like a major 4th season thread that they totally skipped.
. 5) And finally, I thought a really promising, dread-inducing part of the miniseries were the flashes forward to Chricton lying on the bed, and hearing these dialogue lines like "I will not accept it as a tradeoff...". That was a great way to make you want to find out how it plays out in the end, and it made me think that in those last 15 mintues Aeryn was going to do something desparate to bring John back to life, like find the wormhole and go to an alternate reality or get Stark to bring back the other dead Chriction, etc. But in the end all that flash forward just ended up being about making us think he dies when he really doesn't. I felt let down. They don't make it clear if/why she thinks he's dead even though he isn't.

I also would have liked a last "hero shot" of Pilot working away at his console, some DRD's working away under the leadership of 1812 and "Blinky", a last shot of the Farscape Module, etc. They could have packed in a montage of Farscapian things right before ending on J,A, and little D. I feel Pilot and Moya went under-appreciated....

All that said, it was impressive.
AlmostOutOfFuel
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby AlmostOutOfFuel on Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:18 am

in short
1) Big, shocking twists
2) The intelligence of Scorpius
3) The struggle with Harvey in John's mind
4) Mysteries (like Noranti)
5) Big, shocking twists
and
6) Pilot/Moya/DRD's/Farscape module

are several of my favorite parts of Farscape, and yet none of them made the final 10-15 minutes.

Okay, Harvey made the last 10 minutes, but just to say goodbye. I wanted him to say goodbye and then tell John that Scorpius has the wormhole knowledge and intends to use it. Or something surpising...
AlmostOutOfFuel
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby shattereddawn on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:19 am

Sorry this is late. Firstly i would like to say that all in all the mini was great! I would like to add some comments regarding previous posts.
1) The Eidelons. I understand what people are saying regardig the "forcing" of peace but I believe that in their hay-day the were perhaps called upon as mediators a bit like in the new star wars films were they have the council of the republic but obviously the Eidelons have more influence. The peacekeeoers were originaly present to help mantain the peace but when the Eidelons were wiped out the peacekeepers without any guidence eventually became tyranical when the universe fell under its own free will.
2)Noranti. I don't belive Noranti was (or could have been) Scorpious' spy. I remember reading an article not long before or after season 4 started stating that Noranti was ment to bring some mysticism back to the show. When we first meet Noranti in DWTB i suppose it does seem odd that she stayed behind after being rescued (apart from the obvious reason of contributing to the bulk of the episode). I believe that Noranti felt like she had to help John (as he had rescued her) because he needed to be helped. Noranti could sense the inner termoil in him. As far as the drugs to forget Ayren, again this was Noranti trying to help John. Also it added a new twist to the J / A relationship because up untill that point it was mainly John doing all the chasing.
Any way i've typed far to much in this post (sorry). I would just like to thank all the cast/crew and the independant financers and especially all the other farscape fans for making the peacekeeper wars happen. "You guys are great!". :D :D :D
shattereddawn
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

OMG

Postby Mr. Frell on Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:54 pm

OMG OMG OMG best Mini series to date. Almost watched 4 times on sci-fi now i watch it on my xbox xvid style. Want more more more more feed me more Farscape. LONG Live D'argo
Eat, Play, Sleep
Mr. Frell
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emram on Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:01 pm

Are you Hynerian? Have you been eating too much sugar?

:D
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Final_Stage on Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:39 pm

FAN-FRELLING-TASTIC

I've never been so inspired in my entire life. the plot was impecible but I'm sure that it could have been lengthened. An episode showing Sikozu becoming te spy she was would have been interesting, as would have been starke and chiana locating the healer. But, the mini series still captivated me like a fly to a bug zapper, I just couldn't turn my eyes away. :shock:

I would love to see a new series, but how could they continue? D'argo is dead and no one is actually hunting John anymore. So the only option left to them is to base the new series around Hyneria, and Rygel taking back his throne. Which I guess could be quite funny. :lol:

All my love to Lordy Lordy, Miss Claudi!!
:bearhug:
"Happy Birthday, now get out of my sight!!"

"That's it open your eyes, see all these stars? They're yours!" "Except that one, that's yours."
Final_Stage
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Farscape Peacekeeper Wars

Postby EyemHear2Stay on Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:04 am

Just HAD to say: LOVED the miniseries! LOVED the way Scorpy looked like A HAPPY CHILD, PLEASED TO SEE HIS GENETIC "PARENTS" RECONCILED!!! Loved The "Wedding", followed by The Birth!!! HATED Jool's and D'Argo's deaths, but, whatcha gonna do? Both added drama (and both were better death scenes than Zhaan's, for all that I HATED her death, too). LOVED the SFX for "the wormhole weapon": if that couldn't bring those 2 parties to the peace-table, nothing would have!!!!

2 Quibbles: Noranti should have had more to do, and Sikozu's treachery should have been better explained. Otherwise....

Loved the writing, the actors, the sets, the music, the drama...EVERYTHING about it!!! And like someone said, I wish it came back as several mini-series, rather than on a seasonal basis, so we could get more bang for our buck with each new outing.

BRAVO to all involved in the creation of The PK Wars: it was an absolutely G-R-E-A-T achievement!!!!
:bearhug:
Now for syndication, when even MORE people will discover what a WONDERFUL series Farscape has always been!!!!
The best SF on TV is FS!!!!
EyemHear2Stay
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby ultraviolet on Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:11 pm

Lo, haven't posted in a long time.
Just saw the miniseries and i am quite impressed.
Some small matters, all mentioned by other people here already. All in all a very impressive piece of good television.
Hope the feature film will happen. Or anything for that matter.
And i wish they bring Ahkna back!
ultraviolet
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Up From The Depths on Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:22 pm

Finished watching it for the second time last night.

The first half was better than I remembered. Maybe about at a par for season four.

The second half was shockingly even worse than I remembered and ranks among "Mental As Anything" and "Vitas Mortis" as the darkest moments of Farscape history.
Up From The Depths
Delvian Pa'u

Postby scapecadet on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:04 pm

Up From The Depths wrote:Finished watching it for the second time last night.

The first half was better than I remembered. Maybe about at a par for season four.

The second half was shockingly even worse than I remembered and ranks among "Mental As Anything" and "Vitas Mortis" as the darkest moments of Farscape history.

Do you mean all of part 2? I do agree with you in some points, but I thought that from the point of John coming back on Moya and seeing the built weapon it was pretty awesome. Ben impressed me as an actor there..

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby datsdewody on Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:34 am

Yeah after watching it a second (or third or fourth...) time the experience changes a lot

Ok now we've heard a ton on how FANTASTIC the mini is, how about some parts that people just HATED?

Here's mine...

In part 2 when they're lining up on the ledge waiting to be scooped up and Rygel floats by...ACH! It looked so bad! I mean, COME ON!
Was it just a cut and paste dealy? It was almost laughable cause I know CGI in Farscape is SOO much better than that! Or was it just my TV?
datsdewody
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Cattivo on Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:15 am

Hahaha, yep, that was the worst special effect I have seen in a loooong time. So below what I have come to expect from Farscape. It certainly was laughable.
Cattivo
Hynerian Dominar

Postby iwtv on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:50 pm

Yea the Rygel thing was funny now that I think about it. I could nitpick the mini but really the only two major things that bothered me were:
1) What was Sikuzu's "last mission"/what happened to her and Grunchlik

2) D'Argo's death-here I have to add that I listened to the interview with Kemper, Bannon and Henson at farscape.com and even though they said the show has never shied from the reality that people die during times of conflict and, let's face it, all the characters surviving the war would have been somewhat unrealistic, I can't help it. I loved the angry Luxan! Esp. when it looked like he and Chi were going to live happily ever after (well, FS style anyway) and when they left him to fight off the Scarrens I was literally screaming at my TV. "Noooo! Why?"
Anarchistic runaway!!
iwtv
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Stykera on Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:58 am

iwtv wrote:D'Argo's death ... the show has never shied from the reality that people die during times of conflict and, let's face it, all the characters surviving the war would have been somewhat unrealistic

Indeed. I love it when main characters die and stay dead: it's realistic and shows guts. The only problem I had with D'Argo is that his death was foreshadowed, what, two times in the miniseries? Only one death per character per miniseries/episode/whatever, that's what I say.
Stykera
Luxan Warrior

PK Wars

Postby Alara on Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:00 pm

:D :D :D
Oh my goodness, i've never been so excited in my whole life! Just watched part one of PK Wars and can't wait til Sunday to see part two. Although it took about 20mins for me to really get into it once I did it was unbelieveable! I think the worst bit was the CGI of Rygel at the start but Criton looked so hot I nearly fell off my seat! Just wanna say if there's any fans out there from Northern Ireland please let me kno cos i'm feelin very lonely over here! :cry:
Alara
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

PreviousNext

Return to The Peacekeeper Wars