New Treehouse

The amazing adventures of the Scoobies

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

New Treehouse

Postby Drumheller on Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:36 am

Drum wandered the halls of the new mansion, finally getting to do a little exploring.

"This place isn't bad," He muttered to himself, "but it seems to be missing something."

He walked to one of the many doors that led out to the back of the mansion. Once outside, Drum strolled around huge backyard for awhile.

"Nice, a little bare, but nice."

Drum walked for hours until he found the perfect spot.

"This ought to do. Nice open area, not to far from the mansion." He said and reached into one of his many pouches, pulling out a tiny acorn. Kneeling down, he dug a small hole in the ground and dropped the acorn into it. He covered the hole back up, and stood over it, eyes closed for several minutes. Then with a broad sweeping motion of his arms, he began to mutter arcane words as he backed away from the hole.

Within minutes a tiny sprout emerged from the ground and began growing with incredible speed. Drum raised his arms and continued to chant, and soon an enormous oak tree stood before him.

"It worked!" Drum yelled, staring wide eyed at the tree. "It's perfect! Now I'd better get to work."

Chanting another quick spell, Drum levitated into the tree. After a series of spells and several minutes, a large treehouse appeared, supported by the massive braches of the oak.

"Now, I just need to furnish it." Drum said, and reached into his faerie bag. He pulled out a mini-fridge and a couple of beanbag chairs. "Well, it's a start. I wonder what else we could use up here?"

(I just had to do it! Hope you guys like it. I really missed the old treehouse.) :wink:
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath" -Led Zeppelin (The Battle of Evermore)
Drumheller
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby RagnarRB on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:30 pm

Ragnar took a slight bearing to the left to bring himself more in keeping with his location on the map he pictured in his mind. Yes, pictured in his mind. How else was he going to do it blindfolded?

Blame it on Grackene. She didn't think he could do it. He'd show her!

Do what you ask?

Why, walk the grounds of the new mansion blindfolded of course!

He grinned, so far, so good, a few more steps and he was home free. He prided himself on his sense of direction even in the dark. This was childs play!

<THWACK>

He walked into something large and obviously more immovable than he. The good news was he could still bounce off the tip of his nose! Well that and his keister still caught him when he fell. The bad news was...ouch!!!

Grumbling, one hand reached for his damaged nose and the other the blindfold. Wiping it off he grumbled some more. He didn't remember any trees here before....

"Hey Rag, what're doing down there?"

Ragnar looked up to behold a think canopy of leaves with a Drumheller head sticking out.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Catch it!

Postby Kayde on Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:48 am

"Here girls! Catch it! " kay said throwing the frisbee for the three border collies to catch. She grinned, enjoying the way they looked running together.

"Oww!" she heard and turned to see Ragnar hold his head. She guessed he had hit the tree. Wait a minute. Where did that gorgeous oak tree come from? Ragnar was talking to someone in the tree? Kay walked over to see what was going on.

"Oh my gosh!" she said coming closer. A tree house! We get a treehouse back!" grinning from ear to ear she climbed up into the tree house. Twirling around she exclaimed happily. I missed the other tree hosue so much. Thankyou Drum!" and she gave him a big hug.

"It's kind of sparse right now, but it has the important things." he said with a grin, handing Ragnar a beer.

"Got any Diet Dr. Pepper in there?" Kay asked hopefully. With a grin, Drum closed the fridge and re-opened it, and handed her the drink she asked for.

"Wow, cool!" Kay said happily. "Wait, this is not near enough chairs. I'll be right back. She ran back to the mansion and reached into her closet. Dragging out the large hammock in a bag, she lugged it back to the tree house, stopping on the way to get IQs 7 and 9 to follow her with the two papasan chairs she had saved.

Ragnar put hooks up for the hammock while Drum helped the IQ's pull the chairs up. Drum reached into his magic bag and pulled out a big round crocheted yarn rug. It had several colors in it and made the treehouse instantly cozy and homey.

Happily, Kay curled up in one of the papasan chairs and listened to Drum and Ragnar swap stories of other times and travels.

(I'm so glad to have the treehouse back, Drum! Thanks! :D
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Mousey on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:42 am

Mouse strolled out of SweetiePie's rooftop and stopped, astounded by the sight of the new treehouse.

*Now that's what I've been missing!* she thought excitedly, and ran down, toward the treehouse, visions of a beer and a hammock flying through her mind.

"Throw down the rope ladder, Drum!" she yelled happily...
Mousey
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Drumheller on Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:55 am

"Coming right up....or down rather." Drum yelled as he lowered a rope ladder. "Glad you could make it Mouse! You're just in time to help finish decorating."

Drum walked to the mini-fridge to get Mouse a drink. "This place brings back memories, don't it?"
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath" -Led Zeppelin (The Battle of Evermore)
Drumheller
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mousey on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:38 am

Mouse slid effortlessly into a hammock.

"This place *does* bring back memories. I always liked being out in nature the best."

"Got any beer in there?" she asked with a grin.
Mousey
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:43 pm

Ever obedient to a Mouse request ,Ragnar fished around and got her a beer....a cold one to boot!

Also noticeing she'd managed to slip into the only hammock so far, he went about stringing up another.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Musing

Postby Kayde on Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:31 am

Kay looked around at the walls and mused out loud.
"Remember when Spy painted the walls of the old treehouse? The adventure we had from that?"

The others nodded, remembering as well. A breeze came up and outside the window, the leaves danced as they fell from the tree. A few came in to land on the floor of the treehouse. They were orange and yellow and red. Beautiful fall leaves.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:17 am

Chryse was wandering back to the Mansion. "RL better stay away for a while" she thought to herself. Rounding the corner, she saw a large tree that she hadn't remembered seeing before.

Kayde saw Chryse through a window and shouted out, "Hey Chryse, we've got our treehouse back! Come look!"

With a huge grin on her face, Chryse sprinted toward the tree and clambered up the ladder. "This is great!"

"Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it myself," said Drum with a blush.

Chryse gave Drum a big hug and settled down near a window in a beanbag chair. Ragnar pulled out a beer for her too and the scoobs sat and quietly reminsced about old adventures.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mousey on Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:25 pm

Waking up from what seemed like a long nap in the hammock (*snicker*), Mousey found her beer was empty, and the Treehouse was deserted. Nice of her friends to leave her up here all alone, she thought in a huff! But then she saw the note:

Mousey - you were sleeping so soundly we figured you needed the rest. When you wake up, push the button Drum added to the console (the big blue one) and you can speak to whomever you'd like.

Mouse padded to the console, looked over the new additions, and was impressed with the job Drum had done.

Pressing the big blue button, she heard a voice say peevishly, "Farscape Operator! With whom would you like to speak!?!?"

As an aside, under her breath, she said "And who are you? My Mother?"

She cleared her throat to say a name, but before she could speak, a familiar voice came through the line...

"Mousey! Where have you been? You Father and I have been Worried SICK!"

Mousey stared at the panel, and groaned.
Mousey
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Rivyn on Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:10 pm

"Frell me dead would you look at this!" Rivyn exclaimed, peering into the treehouse. "Niiiiice... Oh, hi, Mousey."

Mouse smiled and turned away from the phone (she had just finished soothing her mother's ruffled nerves). She jumped as she realized that her friend was not at the door but at the window.

"Rae, you freak, get in here before you hurt yourself!" she laughed.

"Yes, mom," Rivyn answered, grinning and hauling herself in through the window. "Oh, look at this! The guys did great, didn't they?"

Mouse nodded and grinned. "Looks good to me," she agreed. "I've missed lazy afternoons in the hammock with a can of suds."

"You know what I miss?" Rivyn asked, leaning out the window for a moment. "Remember that time we all went diving from the treehouse into the lake?"

"No lake down there," Mouse pointed out, leaning out the window next to her. "Show-off," she added, taking in the enormous lake now abutting the enormous oak. Looking up, she also sees a spring-board sticking off the roof. "Yeah, but how do we get up there?"

"The ladder, of course," Rivyn answered with a wink, pointing to the rope ladder against the far wall, leading to a new hatch in the ceiling.

"Showoff," Mouse repeated.

"Better a show-off than a freak..."

Mouse grinned and shook her head. "Don't worry, Rae. You'll always be one of those in my book."

"Good to know," she answered, smiling and nodding. "Want to go swimming?"

"My suit's in the mansion."

"Oh, that's okay. The changing room upstairs has several spares in all our sizes." Smiling, she started up the rope ladder. "Only thing missing now is those great murals..."
Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

A lake?

Postby Kayde on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:52 am

Kay looked with delight at the lake now shimmering below.

"I'm with you," she said excited. "Come on guys. Last one in's a rotten egg.

"Wait." She had second thoughts. "It's very cold outside, Rae. It's winter."

"Since when would that stop us?" asked Mouse grinning, and Rae winked at her and kept climbing.

"Look," Chryse said pointing out of the window.

There were fires totally surrounding the lake. a couple blurps showed there to be warm springs in the water as well.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Did Somebody Say Murals?

Postby DrkMandalorian on Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:51 am

The Angel looked around at the wonderful job Drum did on the construction of the Treehouse and furnishings by the rest of the Scoobs, while they all played down in the lake. Little did they know that Spyral had overheard their mentions of the Murals he had painted on the walls of that last Treehouse.

Reaching into his wing, the One-Winged ArchAngel withdrew his large box of paints and brushes, and prepared to work.

"hmmmmm," the Angel murmured to himself. "What to do? Perhaps a little music for inspiration?"

He produced Twigs ipod, which he had borrowed while she was away. He placed the earplugs in his ears and hit the *Random* function.

The sounds of Green Days 'American Idiot' began to play in his ears. (BEST CD OF THE YEAR, BTWIMO) It was great music, but not quite right for a Scooby mural.

*Random* again.

'I Fall to Pieces' from Patsy Clines Greatest hits began to play. Now Patsy also happened to be one of Spyrals all-time faves, but this still did not seem to fit.

*Random* yet again.

'Mars: Bringer of War' from Holtz, The Planets, (A Classical Classic) sounded in the earbuds, the drums crashing like the thunder of the Gods.

"Damn," the Angel muttered, removing the earbuds and tossing the ipod back into his wing. "So much for outside inspiration."

Then it struck him. How about murals of the Scoobs, as played by the actors who best to portray them in the CERTAIN TO BE MADE "ScoobyScaper" Trilogy? And how was that to be done you might ask? How was the Angel to know who best to play each Scoobs character in this pending Blockbuster-to-end-all-Blockbusters?

Well.... he didn't!!!!

BUT!!!

With the help of a little Angelic Power-of-the-Beyond.

The Angel grabbed a brush in each hand.

Spyral closed his eyes, picturing in his mind, the faces of his Scoobyfriends.

And the Angel went to work.

His eyes remained closed, as he worked. The talk and laughter from the other Scoobs playing out on the lake were the music to which the Angels brushes did their dance. The brushes were moving in a blur and as fast as the paint was being lifted from the pallette and slapped to the wall, their would surely be paint splotches covering the floor and all of the Treehouse furniture.

Yet, when the Angel finally ceased his furious painting and the brushes were laid to rest, Spyral opened his eyes, stepped backwards to the middle of the Treehouse common room and turned in a slow circle, surveying his work.

A smile brightened over the Angels face the likes of which had not been seen for a long time, as he looked over the pictures of the Scoobs, and the actors and actresses who would breathe life into their onscreen characters, as channeled from the souls of the Angels friends and thru the Angels hands.

"WOW," the Angel breathed. "Wait til the guys see these."
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!
Is there ANYTHING humans do well?"

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Emram on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:50 pm

Clearly, Emram was portrayed by a young Mel Gibson (although Mel didn't quite do his rugged good looks justice, but it was a valiant effort by the Australian).
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:08 am

"Impressive work Spyral" Ragnar complimented all the while gently pulling Emram back from his close inspection of the mural. "Not so close Emram."

Now just how do you explain that Spyrals mural sometimes doubled for demensional portals or black holes? That or Ragnar had a really poor memory.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Next

Return to Scooby Adventures