Ah...now this is more like it...

The amazing adventures of the Scoobies

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Uh... Rag?

Postby Kayde on Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:59 am

"Umm... I think maybe you mentioned my little ponies too soon or too loud", Kay said looking over her shoulder as her voice raised an octave.

"Cause there seems to be an entire colorful herd of them heading this way, fast!" she said, running as fast as she could toward a group of boulders not too far away from them.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emram on Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:12 pm

The gang climbed up onto the boulders, and not a moment too soon - the ponies were only inches behind Emram as he dove onto the rocks.

(A bit like Tremors, guys?)

But the ponies galloped straight past, not giving the Scoobs a second glance.

Ragnar scratched his head.

"I've never seen that before," he said. "They normally show no mercy..."

"They're tiny little toy ponies!" Chryse scoffed.

"Yeah, they're evil, aren't they," Rag said. "They must have been running from something..." He frowned. "But what would they be scared of?"
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:24 pm

"Um...could it be that?"

Someone had to ask.

Everyone else had to look.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:14 pm

"Ah, well," said Sandworm, "I'll look, cos I'm foolish enough to."

So he stood up, and walked out into the open, and stared... he couldn't belive what he was seeing...

(umm, someone make a suggestion, I can't think of anything suitable)
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby chryse on Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:39 am

"OH NO!" cried Ragnar.

"it can't be?" asked Kay.

"But it is!" said Jila

"Teddy Bears!" yelled everyone at once!
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby DrkMandalorian on Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:43 am

*woomph!*
The small sound of a sudden vacuum appearing then being filled with air (the sound of a certain Angels 'Jaunting', a familiar sound to some!), came from behind the group.

As the Scoobs turned their heads, they were surprised to see Spyral, the resident One-Winged ArchAngel, sprawled haphazardly on a rather sharp and pointed boulder.

"owwie...ouch..." the angel said as he pushed himself to a sitting position.

"Angel?" several of the Scoobs said as one, all shocked at the sudden appearance of their old friend.

"yeah..." the Angel replied halfheartedly, as he checked over his single white downy wing. He removed several broken feathers from it and let them drop amongst the rocks.

Spyral crawled over to the edge of the rocks and looked upon the small army of Teddies marching towards the huddled Scoobs.

In their little paws, some held tiny crossbows, others two-foot long lances, or foot-long swords. They chanted as they marched.
"The Bears go marching ten by ten, hurrah-hurrah.
The Bears go marching ten by ten, hurrah-hurrah.
The Bears go marching ten by ten,
your time in this world is at an end,
cuz we're going to rend you limb
from limb
from limb, from limb, from limb, from limb!!!"

With a shake of his head, he turned to look at his stunned to silence friends.

"Well, I guess I'm back", he offered with a smile. "And I can see we're doing the same as always."
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!
Is there ANYTHING humans do well?"

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:20 am

Consider him deranged ,but the biggest thought Ragnar had when looking at the advancing Teddy Bears was the last Capital One credit card commercial where the vikings storm the field.

"Head for the fort!" He yelled.

Whats the frying pan or the fire amung friends after all?
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby DrkMandalorian on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:47 am

The Scoobys rose slowly and carefully, unable to take their eyes from the advancing army of Teddy Bears. Their footfalls made little puffs as they marched towards the Scoobs, perched atop the small island of boulders. Their small furry heads bobbed in time with their steps, as they continued their Cadence of Doom. Their numbers had to be at least 10,000 strong.

As if the approaching ranks of Bears bearing arms wasn't enough to stun Spyral, and the rest of The Scoobs, at the far rear fringes of the foot-tall army could now be seen still other bears pulling and pushing small catapults and trebuchets, ballistas and battering rams.

This wasn't just an army. It was a siege force.

"They're really armed for Bear!" Kay said in bewilderment.

"Let's go," Ragner yelled again. "Fall back to the Fort."

"Hurry," Chryse called as she ran close on Ragnars heels. "We have to prep the fort to repel invasion."

"Good thing we stocked up on provisions," Drumheller shouted back.

"And you thought I was in too much of a hurry to get the Big Screen TV moved into the Fort last week," Sandworm said to Jila as they crossed the small open field towards shelter.

"I'm just glad Gunny and I got the automated plasma turrets installed last month," replied Rae.

A sudden high-pitched trilling noise sounded in the air.

"ARTILLERY!!!," Emram shouted, his arms going up to cover his head. "QUICK, everyone spread OUT, don't bunch UP, look for COVER!"

"No,no, it's okay," Spyral shouted, reaching into his wing. Removing his hand from his wing, the Angel held a brightly colored cellphone, with a red, blue and green aloha preint. He put the phone to his ear, as he ran and shouted into it. "Hello?!.....Twig?!.....Kinda busy right now!.....No! Never too busy for you!.....That's Great!......Of course I miss you!....Can't wait to see you too!......Tell everyone I said Hi!.....Bye then!

"Oh, that was so sweet," Jila said as they ran for their lives.
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Emram on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:48 pm

"We're being bombarded by heavy artillery," Emram said, crouching behind a wall, "and you're taking time out to answer your phone?"
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby DrkMandalorian on Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:21 pm

The shield door of the Scooby Fort slammed shut behind the Angel, who brought up the rear of the Scoobs fleeing from the advancing Bear (Bare?) army.

Spyral looked to Emram and shrugged. "Since you haven't met her yet, it's understandable that you don't understand. Twig can be very.....Tenacious."

"That's a bit of an understatement," Rae said, moving towards the Perimeter contol station.

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby RagnarRB on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:04 am

"Don't bother Rae!" Rag voiced as she brushed past him on her way. He didn't reach out a hand to stop her, he was used to having all five fingers in tack today. Well, that a feeling surly. "Other direction." Maybe he was mischaracterizing Rae just a bit.

"Hostiles Rag remember?"

"Yep, but this is a calvery fort, that's what the calvery is for."

"Calvery?" Spy mumbled the question under his breath.

"We're in toyland." Jila provided, giving him a welcoming hug. As if one or both answered everything.

Ragnar winked at Rae. "It's toyland Rae think." She just looked at him. "Bugs bunny!" Now she really looked at him....so did ever one else.

The big viking sighed. "In every cartoon with a calvery post Bugs Bunny always got in by diging a tunnel. Made Yo simmity sam really mad."

"Those are cartoons Ragnar."

"Yes, but there are also toys. Toys based on the cartoons. With the same habits too. Look ,I know it sounds crazy but, trust me. I spent a couple of years here long ago. There's a tunnel. I guarantee it!"

Dubiousness anyone. Ragnar knowing where the tunnels were? Now why do you suppose that might be? Shameful old habits he must have had.

"Where?"

"Where else? Where they store the gunpowder!"!"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Kayde on Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:39 am

Feeling the earth shake more with the closer advances of the teddy bears, Kay said,

"Tunnels. Okay I'll buy that. But where are they?" The Scoobs started looking around, ever aware of the advancing bears.

Sighing, because he knew explanations would have to follow, Ragnar motioned the Scoobs to follow him, and he went behind what looked like just a large wall added onto one of the outbuildings. But there was a door on the other side of it, and when you opened it, there was a storage room. Ragnar leaned down, and sticking his fingers around the tile grate, he pulled up part of the floor, and the Scoobs staired down at a flight of steps going into the ground.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby DrkMandalorian on Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:39 am

Spyral looked down into the dark depths of Ragnars 'Bolt-hole'.

The Angel reached into his wing and removed a half-dozen unlit, iron torches. He took one in his left hand, gave it three strong shakes up and down, then without hesitation, bonked the top of the torch against Ragnars helm. The torch burst to life with a hearty flame.

The Viking stared back at the angel, with an uncertain look on his face.

"Sorry," the Angel replied with a crooked smile. "They need a good knock against something solid to get them going."

"Well, you don't find anything more solid than that," Jila cracked.

Ragnars eyes narrowed as he looked to Jila, then Spy, then back again to Jila.

Sandworm poked his head over Spyrals shoulder, looking down into the Scoobies new escape route. "So.....Who wants to go down into the dark creepy tunnel first?"

Ragnar reached up and resettled his helm on his head, then grabbed the lit torch out of Spyrals hand and descended down the tunnel steps, muttering to himself.

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby RagnarRB on Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:51 pm

Muttering to himself, and making careful note as to the size of the tunnel. It might actually be big enough for both his AND Spyral's sense of humor!. It was good to have him back.

A second thought was that maybe he should have stopped for a little nip. You know just to fight off the chill.

"A rabbit dug this?" Sandworm asked, running his hand over the rough brick wall to one side.

Ragnar shrugged. "Industrious aren't they? Probably union bunnies..."

Hopefully someone would remember to close the door once they were all inside.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Kayde on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:25 am

Gulping, but feeling better following a couple of the guys in, Kay grabbed Jila's hand, for moral support, and followed the guys into the tunnel. She knew there was not an easy escape. There never was. There was ALWAYS something at the other end of the tunnel.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Adventures