Calling all Scoobs!

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Calling all Scoobs!

Postby Kayde on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:35 am

Calling all Scoobs! Anyone around?
Kay sighs, thinking about how much she misses the Scoobs and starts dusting and sweeping, and filling the fridge. Just in case someone shows up.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:07 pm

I miss everybody too.

Where are you guys?
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JilaCosa on Fri May 04, 2007 2:13 am

Come out, come out wherever you are!!

I miss everybody too. :(
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sat May 05, 2007 12:28 am

*peeks in*

Hi... gotta run. :(

*sneaks out*
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby SunKrux on Sat May 05, 2007 5:54 am

Sorry gang, but with the big move and all the mess I've been cleaning up at work, I haven't had time or energy to do much more than check email and surf the net.

Miss you guys and gals too!
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:02 pm

*Drumheller stumbles into the room. After looking around for a moment, he shuffles over and collapses into a chair.*

"This definitely looks like the right place. Whew....I finally made it back. Looks like nobody's around right now though. Oh well, maybe I'll just catch a little nap while I wait. Zzzzzzz......"
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby chryse on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:13 am

no way! I don't believe my eyes! Drum?!?!?!?!?
Where in hezmana have you been?
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kayde on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:26 am

Drum?!!!! It's you!!!! :D

Kayde grabs Drum for a huge hug, about knocking him out of the chair.

It's so great to have you back!! We sure missed you! :D
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Drumheller V2.0 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Oh man, I missed you guys too! You have no idea how much I wanted to find my way back here.

*Drum grabs Chryse and Kayde in a big hug*

It's been a really weird few years with no web access! :cry:
I'll tell you all about it sometime, but first tell me how you guys have been. It starting to get dusty around here. Where is everyone? Who's still around? Has anyone heard from Sixth since I was here last? Wow, did I mention how much I missed you guys!?
Drumheller V2.0
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Kayde on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:50 pm

Curling up on the couch, Kay says,
Well, Where to begin. We have all been so busy, it's hard to get people to come post here much lately. Sunny moved, and so did Grack. Ragnar got married or is going to. I don't remember which. Ray hasn't been around in a while, but she is super busy. Jen pops in on rare occasions. The ones who are here the most, are Chryes, Jila, Kara, Sunni, Grack, and me. Others pop in from time to time. We haven't heard from Spy in a long time. But, then, we hadn't heard from you in a long time. so anything possible. :D Aileen, anyone, I know I've left a lot out.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:18 am

If you left anyone out Kay, it's because they haven't been around in a loooong time. :( I'm not even sure if Sixthy knows where to find us since the old Dom board closed down. They have new board over at Scifi.com, but they are different from what they used to be. I still check in over there, but rarely have anything to say.

I suppose really, that none of us have really been around as Scoobs for a while now, the adventures are sadly neglected. But those of us Kayde mentioned do keep in touch... Drum, do you know that Kayde and Jila are sisters-in-law in real life now? I can't remember if you were around when that happened. Kara and I get together every few months for a day of geeking out with anime and hanging out together.

I check in here every day, to help with spam problem on the board, which is why I noticed Drum came back. But I actually don't post much, especially with Heroes off air for now.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby JilaCosa on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:18 am

Jila jumped as if she had been pinched by surprise. Could she have been so lost in thought that she hadn't seen her favorite mage stumble into the room??

"DRUM!" Jila was so delighted she thought she'd cry. "It's been Way to frellin' long!" Jila yanked Drumheller out of his chair and hugged him hard. "What have you been doing with yourself all this time?"
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Howdy stranger! Extended temporal period, negative visual apprehension.

Yeah, it's been quiet around here. We're glad to see ya though. Are ya back for good?

I just got back from Florida. I went with my Mom to see my brother, Phil, who lives there. It was kind of a low key vacation. My mom is going to be 70 in July and isn't really up to dashing around amusement parks any more.

We did get to Kennedy Space Center though and did their new attraction, the simulation of a space shuttle take off. They talked up how strenuous it would be and how people with heart conditions should go to the observation lounge insted of experiencing it first hand etc until I was almost ready to opt out, but it really wasn't that bad. They tilted the whole mock shuttle back until our feet were pointing up and shook us around a bit. Nothing we couldn't handle.

They did warn us to secure all our stuff beforehand but when we tilted up I heard change and keys from several people hitting the back wall. Some people just can't follow directions.

There were also some kicking I-Max 3D movies.

We saw the shuttle Atlantis on the launch platform from an observation tower. And a Bald Eagle's nest which is on the Space Center's land. Cool, huh?

We experienced tropical storm Barry but it was just a lot of rain.

We saw Spiderman III which was better than I expected from the reviews I read. We went to a community theater play, Love Sex And The IRS which is about cross dressing to cheat on your taxes.

We went to a carriage museum and saw many carriages, a rare breed of donkey and a very friendly little cat who followed us around demanding attention.

And we spent an afternoon playing cards, just the 3 of us. Kind of like old times.

And there was food! I jettisoned the diet for the week and ate every fattening thing that didn't run away fast enough. Hopefully all the activity will keep me from having regained too much weight.

We went to one cool resturant with Christine, my brother's girlfriend. It's called The Melting Pot and is part of a chain. It is a fondue resturant and first there was melted cheese and bread, then salad, then a variety of meats, fishes and veggies dunked in boiling wine and then chocolate fondue! I could hardly walk back to the car! If you ever get a chance to experience this resturant, grab it with both hands!

So, that's what I've been up to lately. Everybody share.

BTW, Drum, you did know that Grack had a baby, right? And she, AHEM, owes us some recent pictures of said rug rat.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JilaCosa on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:16 pm

As the others have said nothing much has been going on here lately. SSDD mostly. In Reality Land (I hate that place) 3.5 years ago I got a job at a Real Estate office, and we bought a house. The kids are a week away from summer vacation. ugh.

Ragnar's not married. He's still out there on the Longnboat getting himself in trouble. :wink: :wink: His RL counterpart though has settled down and gotten married. To artickat's RL counterpart.

I want to know where you (and your RL counterpart) have been all this time. Are you a Master Mage yet?

Did I tell you already how much I've missed you? :bearhug:
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby SunKrux on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Hey Drum! Bout time you got yourself back here!

I moved to Sunny Southern California back in April. WHOA what a change from the nearly 12 years I spent in Seattle. But the sunshine is much better for me than the grey/gray. Work has kept me so busy that most nights I come home from work and veg in front of the puter with the telly on in the back ground. Haven't really felt much like being creative (although I need to get back to that...) as the move hasn't been easy on me. I tend to retreat when I get too stressed...moving like I did will do that to a person.

I'm settling in though and hopefully soon I'll feel more like being creative.

Glad you're back dude! :bearhug:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Next

Return to Scooby Chat