Happy Birthday Jila, 2006!

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Postby chryse on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Oh, let's see the Borg! I can wait a little longer for food.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KaraS on Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:37 pm

So they stood on line again to do the second show/ride and were kidnapped by the Borg who threatened to assimilate them. There were squeals as the electronic chairs poked them in the back and the butt to simulate being probed. But fortunately they were rescued by Capt Janeway and the crew of the Voyager.

Afterwards they sat at Quark's Bar and a Klingon took their order.

"I'll have the Venusian Cobb Salad." Kara said. "What do the rest of you want?"
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JilaCosa on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:20 pm

Jila looked over the menu trying to decide what she wanted to eat.

"What's the matter Jila?" Kara grinned. She knew what Jila had found on the menu but wanted to hear her tell the others.

"Gagh and meatballs?" The look on Jila's face made Kara laugh.

"Don't worry," Kara continued to chuckle. "I'm not sure what kind of pasta it is but I can guarantee you it's pasta. I had it the last time I was here. It's very good."

"And the bloodwine?" Jila new the effect Klingon Bloodwine had on Terrans so didn't want to have any if this was the real thing.

"Just a very nice red wine. "

"Whew." Jila chuckled at ther own nervousness. "Then that's what I'm having."
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Rivyn on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:47 pm

"I'll take a Romulan Ale," Rivyn contribued, sliding into a free seat next to the others. "Happy birthday, Jila!"

"Hey, thought you'd never show up. Where you been?"

"Where else? Reality Land. Damned Covert Ops." She rolled her eyes but grinned at Jila before looking around. "Huh, so this is Vegas, is it? I hear someone mention giant pyramids, so I brought a few Zats, just in case."

"Rae, it's a birthday party!" Kara protested, laughing and shaking her head. "I seriously doubt weapons will be necessary!"

"Oh, I know." She smiled serenely and handed Jila a small package of chocolates. "That's why I opted for non-lethal force..."
"What we think, we become."
-- Buddah

Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

Postby KaraS on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm

The ladies dined at Quark's and flirted with the burly Klingon waiter.

"So," Kara said. "This IS Vegas. Who wants to try a little gambling?"
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Grackene on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:17 pm

I'm not much of a gambler, but I would wager that our Klingon Waiter might know of some fun and adventure that could be had!! ;);)
"Is everybody aboard this ship kinkoid?"
Grackene
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby JilaCosa on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:04 pm

"I'd watch out for what a Klingon considers fun!" Jila laughed. "It usually has something to do with beating the hezmana out of your best friend."

"Very true." kay laughed through a mouthful of gagh.

"Let's ask him anyway." Grack winked and motioned for the waiter.

"Yes." The Klingon waiter growled.

"What do Klingons do for fun around here?" Grack patted a chair between herself and Rae.
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:50 pm

The Klingon looked at her but stayed standing.

"Sorry, I'm working. I can't sit down and chat." he said.

"What's fun to do around here?" Grack asked.

"You're kidding, right?" the Klingon said. "This city is entirely devoted to entertainment. EVERYTHING is fun."

"What's the best?" Jila asked.

"That depends on what you like. If you like rides, there are rides on the top of the Stratosphere and a really good rollercoaster at New York New York. You could go to the Venetian and ride in a gondola. There's a wax museum and an art exhibit there too. There are movies down at MGM Grand. There's good stuff everywhere."

"Well, we can see movies at home." Kara said. "But all that other stuff sounds good. And at night at Treasure Island there is the Pirate show and a really great piano playing duo at the Kahunaville bar."
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

OOOH

Postby Grackene on Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:17 am

I haven't done the gondala ride or the wax museum, sounds interesting..............or scary :shock:

What do you guys think?
"Is everybody aboard this ship kinkoid?"
Grackene
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby KaraS on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:24 pm

"I have done the gondala and it was fun. Our gondaleer sang to us in Italian." Kara said. "I didn't see the wax museum but I did see the art exhibit and it was good. Want to head for the Venetian next? Jila, it's your birthday celebration. What do you think?"
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby JilaCosa on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:43 pm

"Well, since we're not going to find out what a Klingon would do for fun around here," Jila frowned. She really had wanted to know. "Then lets do both. Gondola ride and Wax Museum. Whichever we get to first that's the one we do first. Don't ask me to go on the Roller Coasters though. Phobias in six different directions there."
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby KaraS on Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:04 pm

So the Scobettes got on the monorail and took it down to Harrahs and then walked next door to The Venetian. Kara led them inside and upstais to the shopping area.

"This is really cool." Grack said, looking around.

It was cool, the space was paintied like it was outside with a sky painted ceiling and the fronts of shops painted like buildings. It was a fairly realistic illusion so it really did look like they were outside.

"You guys shop." Kara said. "I'll go get tickets for the gondola ride."

The ladies wandered through the shops. Rae spent some time in store that sold antique coins and looked at coins from all around the world, Roman, Greek, Chinese and all kinds. Meanwhile, Jila and Chryse looked at very fashionable (and espensive) designer clothes. Grack and Kay looked in a toy store at cute handmade stuffed animals. Then all the women went into a store selling Venetian glass and then another with beautiful wooden sculptures. Kara caught up with them in a store selling ceramic masks, painted and decorated with feathers and sequins and jewles.

"Follow me." Kara said. "We have to wait on line for the boats now."

They followed Kara past many other interesting stores to the area where the boats disembarked. Jila, Chryse, Kay and Grack got on the first boat. Kara and Rae got on the second with two complete strangers.

The Gondaleers poled the gondalas down the canal and sang songs in Italian, then the poled them back. The passed another gondola that was all white, a bride and groom were sitting in it with a priest.

"Is that a real wedding?" Kay asked.

"Yes it is." Georgio, their gondoleer, said. "Th prist will marry them on the boat and then there will be a big party with all their friends."
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:28 am

"Wow, that's a cool wedding to have." said Chryse.

"And here I thought Vegas weddings were all in Elvis chapels," laughed Kayde.

"That looks beautiful doesn't it." smiled Jila.

"And the food would be fantastic too." said Kara.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KaraS on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:11 pm

After the Gondola ride the ladies went to the wax museum.

"Look at all the Elvises." Kay giggled.

"I think that would be Elvi." Rae stated.

"Look at all the US Presidents." Chryse said. "Who's that one?"

"Jimmy Carter." Kara said. "A little before your time I think. He had more teeth than just about anybody else."

After the wax museum, the ladies headed down the strip to the Excalibur and the Ye Olde Prime Rib resturant.

It was a fancy place and they were seated at a table with a nice tablecloth, real china and crystal glasses.

"What's on the menu?" Grack asked.

"Prime Rib." Kara said. "The menu is a little limited but what they do, they do well. Waiter, I'll have the 10 oz cut, medium. And can we get a bottle of champagne and another of sparkling apple juice if you have it?"
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Rivyn on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:47 pm

"This is fun," Rae decided as she tore into her meal.

(She had managed to get the waiter to agree to find an animal that actually wanted to be slaughtered and eaten, although between his "tip" and the cost of transporting one from that far in the future, she dreaded getting her next Hynerian Express bill.)

The others nodded in agreement, all enjoying their own selections. Rae had also snagged a bottle of sparkling white grape juice and was absently considering what to have for dessert. Then she looked down at her steak and wondered if she would even have room. Probably not...

"Which is what you get for filling up on bread," Raegun chirped cheerfully. "Hey, do they still have those guys with the tigers?"

Rae frowned down at him. "Remind me to Sync you with the main data base more often." She shook her head and looked around. "Okay, guys. Some of you have been here before. What do they have in terms of night-life? Kara?"
"What we think, we become."
-- Buddah

Rivyn
Luxan Warrior

Location: Reality Land, unspecified Covert Op, indefinite assignment

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat