Emram update

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Emram update

Postby Emram on Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:42 pm

Just thought I'd let all the Scoobs know (I still can't send group e mails) how things are going.

I have a job! I'm Sales and Customer Services Manager for my friend's company - we're a mail and internet order craft supplies company, and so far it's all going very well indeed. Lots of exciting things planned for the future, too.

The wedding plans are starting to pick up pace again; Mrs Emram has got her dress, and we've now booked the DJ as well. Just the cars, suits, buttonholes, food, wine, vows, orders of service, hymns and first dance, and we'll have the bulk of it all sorted!

I've also got back into my Star Wars geekery again, which the future wife tolerating with very good grace.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:48 pm

Congrats Emram!
Great to hear from you.
Good luck with the new job. I'm sure you'll be brilliant there.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Emram on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:17 am

Having my first harsh day today - all kinds of issues that, while not major, aren't completely simple, and keep piling higher and higher...

Going for a cigarette now, and hopefully I'll be calmer when I get back to my desk!
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:19 pm

All new Jobs will stress you out. Because they're new and you' re not used to them yet.

You'll feel more comfortable in a couple of weeks.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:47 pm

I already do, although there is still a lot to learn. I'm currently finding out everything I can about making a new price list...
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby JilaCosa on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Are you counting down yet to your wedding date? How many days left? You know we want to celebrate with you.

HUGS
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Kayde on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:27 am

((((((((((Emram)))))))))) Yes, when is the wedding date? I'm glad to hear about the new job and that it's going well. Send us a link to check it out. Where do you do your Star Wars stuff? I bet my husband knows about it. He's way into Star Wars Geek stuff. :-)
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Emram on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:37 pm

Right, first of all, apologies for the complete lack of Emram contact lately, it's been hectic...

In 2 weeks time, I will be officially shackled. Yes, 18th August is the BIG DAY. It has been remarkably stressful lately, but everything is shaping up nicely, and starting to sort itself out. Just a few things to finish off, and then it's a case of waiting.

I have been reading the group e mails from everyone, I just haven't really had the time to actually reply - I would like to apologise, I've not been deliberately ignorant, but a busy time at work and an impending wedding, along with the basketball club, has taken up an incredibly large amount of time. Even my Star Wars geekery has had to take a back seat, which, while I might not be so happy about it, my (very soon) wife-to-be (for the next two weeks known as WTB) is probably ecstatic about it!

Everything is pretty gosh-darned great in my particular part of the world - I will check in after the wedding, if I don't get to do so beforehand, and let you all know how it went (there may even be some pictures, I'm sure I can sort something out), but I have no idea when that will be! We head to sunny Torquay on the Monday after the wedding for a quick break, so probably the 28th onwards or something like that.

It's not far off midnight here, and I have had several beers, so I won't protact this horribly inept typing session any more.

Here's a great big hug (((((((((((((((((HHHHHUUUUGGGG!!!!))))))))))))))))) for all the Scoobs, and I hope that you are all coping with the cards life is dealing you.

Massive, happy, pre-wedding coolness vibes to you all,

Matt
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby chryse on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:45 am

Emram! Great to hear from you!

And it's even better to know that things are going so well for you. Of course you are busy!

(((((((((Emram)))))))))

We'll toast you on the 18th!
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KaraS on Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:27 pm

Good luck Emram. Weddings can be stressful.

We'll be thinking about you on the 18th.

Of course, you're several hours ahead of us so we'll probably be thinking about you several hours after you get hitched. But it's the thought that counts, right?
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:32 am

Hello Scoobs, hope you are all OK.

The wedding was fantastic, the best day of my life without a doubt. The weather behaved itself, and the only major rain we had was while everyone was inside eating. A minor drama with the cake, but that got sorted out by my excellent team of ushers!

Still very tired, even more than a week after the event, but all is joyous and wonderful at Emram Acres.

I'll try to check in again soon, take care in the meantime!
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:54 pm

Pictures. We must see pictures.

I want to see the jedi in his tux.

Oh, and congrats! :D
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:20 pm

Congratulations Mr and Mrs. Emram!!!!

Yes, we must have pics!
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Emram on Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:05 pm

OK, there should be a few pics on the Scoobs group site, in the Photo Album "Emram's Wedding."

I'll put some more up at some point, but you all get to see a little bit.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby KaraS on Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Well, don't you just look handsome! Nothing like a man in a tux.

And your bride looks very beautiful.

Congratulations. We're all very happy for you.
KaraS

KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Return to Scooby Chat