Hurricanes

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Hurricanes

Postby Kayde on Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:20 am

Kay sat watching the weather channel from the big screen tv in the ballroom, hoping against hope that the people on the outbanks of North Carolina wouldn't have to go through what the people in New Orleans had.
Normally, she loved storms and different weather patterns, but not danger and harm coming to people.

(I hope no one is affected by Katrina or Ophelia. I know some of us have family that were affected by Katrina and I hope they have some relief soon. )
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:33 pm

and now Rita has gone through....

Brace yourselves my friends, scientists say that the lower Atlantic is entering a period of more frequent, violent, strong storms. They seem to occur every 30-40 years and last 5-10 years.

Do you all have an emergency preparedness kit? The CT papers had an insert today from the CT gov't with messages from the Governor and other state officials with preparedness checklists and emergency number and procedures in case of a number of different situations.

Stay safe everyone.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KaraS on Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:48 pm

The remains of Rita should be coming through here today, lots of rain predicted. Of course, we could use a little rain around here.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Return to Scooby Chat