The Angel wandered down

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

The Angel wandered down

Postby DrkMandalorian on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:47 pm

the central hallway of the Mansion. Drds seemed to be the only company, as the mansion seemed a bit quiet today.

"Well, we have the Treehouse, but I wonder if we have a Ballroom in this Mansion?" Spyral wondered. "I REALLY think we could do with a gathering about now."

The Angel then felt a small bump on his foot and looked down. One of the DRDs bumped his foot once more, then moved away, indicating to the Angel that it wanted him to follow.

Down a corridor, up another, and down two more and the DRD paused outside a door, which Spyral opened moved thru. followed by the small droid.

"HOLEEE," The Angel breathed as he watched hundreds of big, plastic beachballs of every size and color bounce to and fro around him.

He looked down at the DRD at his feet and slowly shook his head. "Ballroom....?"

The DRD tweeted at his once, then exited the room, leaving the Angel to watch the balls in their neverending dance. He walked around the room, and noticed that whereever he went, the balls seemed not to go. Almost like they were enchanted to not deliberately 'bounce' someone. Other then the balls, though, the room was bare of any furniture. But the Angel thought it would do nicely, all the same.

"Well," the Angel said with a shrug. "When in Rome...."

He reached into his wing and began pulling out assorted items, and setting them about the room. He had no jukebox, but Twigs ipod with speakers was quite suitable for a small gathering. Some assorted folding chairs, a few cardtables, some glasses, a few cases of assorted liquors acquired from every corner of the known (and a few unknown) galaxy. Even a couple of old disco balls, which as he set them on the floor, set to bouncing with the other balls in the room, as if not wanting to be left out.

Within minutes, the Angel finished with his task. He looked around again.
"Well, it's not the old Ballroom and bar, but I think this will do us just fine for a little fun. Now for some population."

Spyral walked to the door and found the DRD that had led him to this room was still waiting patiently outside. He beeped at the Angel inquireingly. "We need folks for this shindig," Spyral said to the droid. "What do you say you and your buddies pass the word around that the ship is setting sail and theres a party on the weatherdeck?"

The droid beeped back at the Angel in question.

"I know we don't have a weatherdeck," Spyral said patiently. "Just tell them, okay?" With that the DRD sped off on its mission.
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!
Is there ANYTHING humans do well?"

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:57 pm

"Ouch...you little...."

Spyral heard Ragnar's harsh yelp and mumbled grumbling long before he saw his friend herded thru the door by the pair of drds nuipping at his heels!

The balls obiediently did their thing like parting the sea but kept on bouncing.

"What in...."
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:20 am

Sandworm entered, in a similar fashion, and when he saw Angel and Ragnar, he asked, "What's up, guys? and why are these DRD's brining me here?"
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Kayde on Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:10 am

"Hey!, Wait!" Kay laughed, as the DRD's tried to herd her down the hall. "Has my border collie, Annie been teaching you to herd again?" she asked them as they kept her going in the direction they wanted.

"Where are we going?" she asked them, chuckleing at their determination, but jumping out of their way as they kept her going with little nudges.

She went through the door they led her to, and saw Ragnar, Sandworm, and Angel, and lots of bouncing balls.

"How fun!" she grinned and went to hug the guys. "Ahh, anything in there to make a pina coloda with?" she asked hopefully? "Any dance music?" she also asked hopefully?

As the music started, the balls all began to bounce with the tune. Kayde thought that was extremely cool. "Okay guys. Any or all want to dance?"
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:00 am

"Sure," said Sandworm. "Isn't often I get to dance with pretty ladies."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby DrkMandalorian on Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:34 pm

"Rag, Worm, Kay!" Spyral called as he crossed the room to where the other Scoobs were milling about. "We got tunes, we got drinks, and we could probably rustle up some grub to go with."

"Drinks and grub," Ragnar replied, moving to Spyrals makeshift bar. "Definitely the first order of business, and IN that order."

As the music played, Sandworm and Kay were getting down in an area clear of the bouncing balls, which were bouncing in time to the music. Before they both realized it, they too were bouncing up and down in time with the music and the balls.

"I get next dance," the Angel called as he moved to mix up some drinks.

"Only if you have me a Pina Colada ready for me when this one's over," Kay replied.

"Done," Spyral called back.

"Colada?" Spyral jokingly asked turning to Ragnar.

"Nope, the little umbrellas are too crunchy, always get stuck in my teeth," the big viking replied. " Don't suppose you have any Mead, do you?"

"Do you want it in a mug, or should I just run you a hose into the barrel?" Spyral asked.
"I'm only judging on my experience, but I've never seen such a deficient species.
How did humans make it thru a cycle, even HALF a cycle, without KILLING each other?
You have no special abilities. You're not particularly smart, can hardly smell, can barely see, and you're not even VAGUELY physically or spiritually imposing!

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Kayde on Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:33 am

As the song ended, Sandworm and Kay laughed as they bounced back toward the bar area along with the balls. Kay took her drink from Spy with a thanks.
"Mmmm....... Angel, you do make the best drinks." Kay said appreciatedly. "Don't you agree Ragnar?" Kay asked, winking as Rag took a big drink out of the gigantic mug Spyral had conjured up for him of his favorite brew.

"Okay Angel, Fly me away to the stars." Kay said as the next song started and she took Spyrals hand.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:42 am

"Tis no fair," said Sandworm, "There's only one girl around. Where's everyone else?"
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Here I am!

Postby KaraS on Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:40 pm

"Here I am!" Kara said as she entered the room. "Wow, more guys than girls. This must be a first. Usually the Scooby ladies way outnumber the gents."

Kara let Sandworm lead her out onto the dance floor. They had to kick the balls out of their way to get some room.

"What's with all the balls?" she asked.

"It's a Ball Room, get it?" Spyral said.

"Very Punny. When did we get transported to Xanth?" Kara asked.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:05 pm

"come again?" asked Sandworm. He wasn't paying much attention to the balls anymore....
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

About Xanth

Postby KaraS on Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:52 pm

"The Xanth books were written by Piers Anthony." Kara explained. "Xanth is a land steeped in magic, and puns. For instance, if the characters ran across a gum tree, it would be covered with pieces of chewing gum. A ballroom filled with balls would fit right in there."

Kara swept Sandworm up in her arms and they swirled across the dance floor.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby chryse on Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 pm

"ok ok, I'm coming" said Chryse to the DRD.
"beep, bip beep beep" said the DRD.
"Are you sure that's what Spyral said?" asked Chryse.
"beeeeep." replied the DRD.
They turned the corner and opened the door to the ballroom.
"yup, I guess he really did say that, Thanks"
"bip bip" said the DRD, leaving to find other scoobs.

"Hey guys, I guess we really do have a ballroom now." smiled Chryse.
"wet your whistle?" asked Ragnar.
"Mead?" asked Chryse.
"Yup, I'll get you some," the viking replied. Chryse smiled her thanks as he came back with another mug.
"Next dance Ragnar? Or is your card full already?" asked Chryse.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:51 am

Ragnar smiled. "Why I do believe I AM available."

Taking Chryse hand he started for...well for where the balls seemed to be moving the most. "I wonder what happens if you play more than one tune at a time?"
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Sandworm on Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:29 am

"Hey, Angel, this ain't bad at all." said Sandworm. "Nice girls, good music, and good drinks...."
ImageImage

Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby DrkMandalorian on Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:30 pm

"Thanks Sand," Spyral said, leading Kay out onto the dancefloor. "Hey Kara and Chryse! I'm glad you guys could make it, things have been pretty quiet around here. I thought we could use a little gathering."

Bobby Darin broke into 'Splish Splash, I was taking a Bath', and the Angel and Kay broke out into dance.

'They was a-splishin' and a'splashin'
Reelin' with the feelin', movin' and a'groovin'
Rockin' and a'rollin', yeah'

"Watch Football..."
DrkMandalorian
Peacekeeper Commander

Next

Return to Scooby Chat