User Names

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

User Names

Postby Emram on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:02 pm

A lot of the people on here have Farscape related user names, but a lot of the Scoobs don't. I was just wondering (and you don't have to answer if you want to maintain your air of mystery!) how you came up with your user names?

Mine is my first initial - M (Em) and the first 3 letters of my surname - Ram. Which might not be particularly clever, but it was the first thing I could think of!
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

It's my name!

Postby KaraS on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:52 pm

Yes, my name really is Kara S.

It's been mistaken for a Superman refrence (Supergirl's first name is Kara) but, boringly enough, it's just my name.

I came up with my username on the Scifi bboard 2 years before Farscape premiered.

The VolcanoShark actually DOES have a Farscape genesis. The moniker (which I used to use in chat, when I still chatted) was given to me by FrooniumRicky himself.

So, does the M stand for Michael? We already have 2 Michaels in the group though, come to think of it, neither WizMic not Spyral have posted here on our new boards.
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Sandworm on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:37 pm

Well, mine is obvious to anyone who has read dune, and anyone who's even heard of it.

:)

I just started with it on chat rooms and its been my nickname ever since - it was also my name on online games...
like planetarion.

anyone else ever play that?
lol.

it used to be fun.
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby SunKrux on Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:27 pm

Mine started out as sunaeryn/SunAeryn many moons ago back when I first got sucked into the wonderful world of Farscape. sunaeryn/SunAeryn came about cause Aeryn is my fav character in FS and I wanted a unique handle. I tried the "last name first" version and it was mine.
Then when I got sucked into the wonderful world of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World I changed it to SunKrux - to give props to Aeryn Sun and Marguerite Krux, my two favorite female characters.

But if you've ever seen me sign off with "Cyn" that's part of my real first name. :D
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby scapecadet on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:10 pm

Sandworm wrote:Well, mine is obvious to anyone who has read dune, and anyone who's even heard of it.

Oh I love the Dune! The books are great, but I first saw it as David Lynche's film and inspite of the general opinion, I love that film. In fact, I seem to see quite a lot of similarities between the visuals in that film and FS - for example the PK nurse in Prayer reminds me of the Baron and his staff, the fact that Moya is a living ship and other things remind me of the creatures that fold space etc.

JC to Akhna: "It's a question of balls.. the ball is in his court!"

Claudia: Quit. Prompting.Me.Woman!? WOMAN!!??
scapecadet
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:52 pm

Well my characterization was actually created by the other posters. Someone else made me a viking because of the name. The name itself is short for a late 1800's author who used to write under the pen name of Ragnar RedBeard. Thus RagnarRB. The name just always seemed to stick in my mind. I had never posted to a bboard before or used a computer much in general. I had seen only one episode of Farscape and went to see if I could find anything on the computer when I found the boards. I needed a name I could remember so not knowing much about the show at the time I picked one I could.

You know Scapecadet, you're right. There are some similarities between the two. I never thought of it before.

And welcome. :)
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby chryse on Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:13 am

Mine is from a fantasy novel The Secret Country by Pamela Dean. Chryse is the name of a unicorn in the book. I read the book decades ago, but the name always stuck with me, so when I first went online, a good 10 years ago, I started using it as my screen name. It was unique enough that I could use it pretty much anywhere, I added my birthyear 74 to places that required numbers in usernames. So Chryse74 is also me, on other boards.
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mousey on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:36 am

Hmm. I'm trying to remember when I first started using some derivative of "Mouse". I suppose it was back with I started posting at the SciFi board. I was working in a lab then, and although I was technially one, "labrat" never really appealed to me. So it became "mouse-in-the-lab", and Mouse2000, and then when I got here, I just made it easy and signed in as Mousey, because that's what the Scoobs ended up calling me anyway. ;)
Mousey
Peacekeeper Commander

Postby Drumheller on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:07 pm

I was just thinking of posting something similar to this! lol

Well, as for my user name. It's from the book Shadow Moon, by George Lucas and Chris Claremont. The first in a series of books based on the Willow storyline. Thorn Drumheller was the new name given to Willow by his friends. That's pretty much where the wizard persona came from too. It's been so long since I read the book, I can't remember what the meaning of the name was. :oops:

Like Kara, I registered on the Sci-fi bboards with the name before I watched Farscape.

For some reason though, people usually think it's because I play drums! :lol:

(Btw, sorry I've been away for the past few days. Halo 2 was just released, and I've been somewhat obsessed with it! lol )
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath" -Led Zeppelin (The Battle of Evermore)
Drumheller
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Emram on Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:03 pm

Kara S wrote:So, does the M stand for Michael?

No, Matthew (although I prefer Matt)

Drumheller wrote:I was just thinking of posting something similar to this! lol

Spooky...

Drumheller wrote:(Btw, sorry I've been away for the past few days. Halo 2 was just released, and I've been somewhat obsessed with it! lol )

Yeah, I've been playing GTA: San Andreas quite a bit, myself!
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby JilaCosa on Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:05 pm

Sorry, no scifi or fantasy connections here. JilaCosa is a name of my own creation.

It all started back in '98 or '99 when I Finally got connected to the internet. I was trying to find an e-mail address that wasn't the usual sort of thing. So I took the first two letters in my family's names: Ji (husband), La (me), Co (son), Sa (daughter). I tried them in different combo's but it keep coming back to this one, and it Looked like a name. I've been using it ever since I registered with Sci-fi.

Drum, I don't think you ever told me exactly where your nick came from. That's pretty interesting. I didn't know that Wayland Drew wrote more stories about Willow, or did sombody else pick up the stories?

HUGS
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby chryse on Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:21 am

LOL,
Too many Matthews!
My SO is Matthew, I work with a Matthew, and a good friend's son is also Matthew! Ah well, we have a ton of Michaels, why not Matthew's too? It's a good name after all. :D
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Kayde

Postby Kayde on Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:55 am

Kayde came to me similar to yours, Emram.
My first and middle initials are DK, and my mom, not knowing what email to use, spelled out the initials of all her kids to combine and make her email name. So, I spelled out my initials and it came out DeKay. I wasn't sure I wanted to go around with a name sounding like decay ;-) so I turned it around and came up with Kayde.
My email is KaydeDK.

By the way, Drum, I love Buckaroo Bansai. And Willow is one of my favorites.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Dune

Postby Kayde on Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:56 am

BTW, Sandworm, I love Dune. I watched both movies and read the books.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Drumheller on Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:16 pm

Too many Matthews!

LOL! That's my name too, but like Emram, I prefer Matt.

Yeah, I've been playing GTA: San Andreas quite a bit, myself!

My PS2 died on me, so I have to wait for the Xbox version in january. :cry: I can't wait!

I didn't know that Wayland Drew wrote more stories about Willow, or did sombody else pick up the stories?

The novels are credited to both George Lucas and Chris Claremont. Though I suspect that Lucas did nothing more than lend his name. There were three books in all: Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn, and Shadow Star. Good books, but they tend to drag on a little.

By the way, Drum, I love Buckaroo Bansai.

That's one of my all time favorite movies, along with Monty Python's The Holy Grail! I also love Dune, the book that is. I was disapointed in the movie, but the Sci-Fi mini series was pretty good.

Wow, I just love this quote function! Hopefully one of these days I'll figure out all the features of this bboard! :lol:
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath" -Led Zeppelin (The Battle of Evermore)
Drumheller
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Next

Return to Scooby Chat