RL

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Re: Duvet Cover?

Postby Emram on Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:30 pm

KaraS wrote:Just let me express how NICE it is to have two handsome guys with British accents join the group.

The internet's great, isn't it? I get called handsome...

Normally I get called gorgeous, so it makes a nice change... :wink:

And it's a pleasure to be here, with so many beautiful young ladies.
"Emram's Taxidermy, you snuff 'em, we stuff 'em!"
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:28 pm

"Smooze....." :)
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby JilaCosa on Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:06 am

I'm sorry to have been away from home for so long but as most of you know RL has been rather rough with me lately.

Emram, Sandworm, to fill you in my husband took a flop of our motorcycle last month and spent 19 days in the hospital. 15 of which were in the Intensive Care Unit. He didn't get as injured as he could have; 5 broken ribs, a broken scapula, and a cracked spleen.

Needless to say I have not been able to think of adventuring, although the escape undoubtedly would have done my good. I'm not sure when I'll get back but please keep "me" busy in the adventures wherever "I" am.

The worst part is that my holiday spirit seems to have gone the same way as my adventuring spirit, undercover.

For those of you traveling during the holidays, have a safe and Wonderful holiday. The family and I will be heading to my mom's just for the Christmas weekend.

Jila
(who would love to physically be here at "Home" right now.) :(
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:54 am

Hang in there Jila, he'll recover faster than you know it. It's only when you're at this point looking foreward at it and not weeks down the road recalling it all as part of the past that it seems so burdensome and slow.

((((((Jila)))))))
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Emram on Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:46 pm

Jila, I feel for you - a friend of mine had a bad accident on his motor bike (entirely NOT his fault), last year. But on the positive side, he badly damaged his leg, and I mean badly - lost two inches from his thighbone - and was told he would never walk again.

Last weekend, he took his girlfriend out for a spin on his motorbike, and is going climbing at an indoor climbing centre in a couple of weeks.

I hope your husband makes a full and speedy recovery, and I'll be thinking of you over the next few weeks.
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Sandworm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:58 pm

Yeah, good luck from me, too.

and...

KaraS wrote:
Just let me express how NICE it is to have two handsome guys with British accents join the group.

The internet's great, isn't it? I get called handsome...

Normally I get called gorgeous, so it makes a nice change...

And it's a pleasure to be here, with so many beautiful young ladies.

I second that, Emram.

but I don't usually get called anything at all...
why do they all ignore me?
is it cos I'm strange?

:)
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby KaraS on Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:19 pm

but I don't usually get called anything at all...
why do they all ignore me?
is it cos I'm strange?

:)

What do you mean strange?

Here, you are not strange. Here we are all strange so strangeness becomes the norm.

We exhult in our exentricity!
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Emram on Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:53 pm

Nothing wrong with being strange!

Perfectly normal (if you see what I mean, and I'm sure that you do).
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:16 pm

I'm headed off in the morning so I guess I'll see you all when I get back sunday. Have a great holidy season!

Handshakes and hugs all around.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Emram on Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:29 pm

Peace out, Rag! Hope you have (by the time you read this, it will be Sunday, so switching to past tense) had a good Christmas Day, and I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Merry Christmas to the rest of you crazy bunch! I will still be on here most days, I would imagine - I don't have much of a life, so I'll see you on here if you're here!
Emram
Hynerian Dominar

Postby RagnarRB on Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:50 pm

I made it back. Other than a few hours going at 2-5 miles an hour in the ice it was a fairly uneventful trip. Enjoyable but smooth.

How did the rest of you guys fair?
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby chryse on Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:11 pm

*blink*
ICE? I'm frelling glad you are home safe! (((((Rag)))))

We didn't go anywhere except to Matthew's parent's for Christmas. And CT had a couple of warm, rainy days just before the 25th, so the roads were dry and ice and snow free by Saturday. It snowed last night though... everything's all white and pretty. :D

We did have a very nice Christmas. Lots of pressies, good food,and fun times with the family.

((((((scoobs)))))))
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RagnarRB on Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:27 pm

Yep, ice. This is the first year i ever went anywhere at Christmas and the weather was fine except for the freak snowstorm in Va and Carolina. There was nothing in the forceast when I left but...what can I say about that.

All in all it was a great trip though.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby JilaCosa on Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:51 pm

We had good traveling weather. Thursday's rain was done by that evening and even though it was chilly Friday traveling was good. We came back on Saturday and the sun shone the whole way. The kids had a good time. They always do with their Gram. :)

Glad to hear that the ice didn't get you Rag. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you went away for Christmas. :wink:

Jila
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Snow and Ice

Postby Kayde on Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:48 pm

I saw some of that snow and ice you were talking about Ragnar. After the fact. The place we are moving to still had a few inches of it all over the area when we went by there yesterday. It was very pretty and the first real snow in the area this year. But I got stuck spinning in the driveway. I was actually pretty proud I got myself out of it though. (I won't mention how I was frantically begging my car to work right. ;-) . )
We went through the snow that swept the south mid-west on the way to Texas, but got through it before it was nasty driving. Ross was sleeping and I was driving when the snow flurries first started blowing in. Ross half woke up once and peeked out and said, "Be careful. Lots of fog." I laughed and told him, nope it was snow, so go back to sleep.
We had a great time though. I saw all the rest of my family, and we all got lots of great presents. The last present we got from my mom, she made all of us open together. Each had one. It turned out it was a clear maze bank with money in it. We had to solve the maze to unlock the bank to get the money out. There were 12 adults and children grumbleing trying to open these banks to get the money out. It was great fun. My mom and dad went around laughing and taking pictures of all of us trying to get to the money. lol.
I hope everyone is back safely, and had a great Christmas. And please be careful, even while having fun on New Years. That's the one holiday that we stay home most of the time and toast with champaigne at midnight and watch a good movie. Lots safer that way. Maybe one year all the Scoobs can get together on a New Year's eve. and stay in a hotel and have a party to bring in the New Year together.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

PreviousNext

Return to Scooby Chat