Late at night as usuall

Scooby Scapers chat

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Emeraldcity

Late at night as usuall

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:50 pm

Ragnar donned his bath robe, grabbed his kit, a couple of towels, and headed off to the bath.

It had taken him a while to find them in this new home, sure he could have drawn some, but it wasn't always as much fun. As it was he was quite content with the rustic stone motief.

The baths were more like the old Roman baths ,that he'd had to study in school, than anything modern he could place. The one he chose was basically a modest square cut out of the stone floor, in a stone room, with a smooth but non slippery rock surface surrounding it. At one end were a pair of overhanging waterfalls that jutted out enough to allow one to get under them for a thourough rinse and still remain waste deep in the water. It wasn't a pool after all, three feet or less, and very relaxing.

He didn't even care where the heated water came from or where it went. That was something to fret another day.

A couple of benchs gathered at the perpheriphy and there were places where one could sit or become submerged up to the neck in the water.

Humming to himself he wound his way thru the stone passage, around the kickback and into the bath. Not in use ...good....

Sitting his kit on a bence he shed the robe, grabbed his soap and dipped one toe in to check the temp.

Not bad.

Grabbing one last item from the kit in he went.....

Humming to himself some more he placed Mr. Duckie in the water and gave him a playful shove.....
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby RagnarRB on Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:12 pm

Having managed to finish his bath without interruption or disturbance, a rare occasion some days, Ragnar gathered his things and headed back to his temp. quarters.

It was late at night, everyone should be sound asleep in their quarters, right?

Wrong.

He heard this strange drag, bumb, drag, bump, grag bump....

"What in blazes is that?"

He looked around, nothing in the immeadiate to be seen. What was that sound? They really hadn't explored much of their new home yet, could it be something harmful? A haunt even?

He had to know.

Dressed in nothing but his robe, wet towel drapped over his shoulder, he moved further along, made a turn or two towards the noise. It was deffinately louder....then it deffinately stopped.

Even curiouser he rounded another bend. It deffinately wasn't what he'd expected.

There, in a small alcove, was ArticKitten.

OOoooo was she in trouble now. She was supposed to be sound alseep and in her room. He'd checked before heading to the bath. Just what was she doing here? And just what in blazing was she doing with....wait a minute.

Ragnar's eyes narrowed. Was that Gunny?

It was!

As he watched Kitten struggled to get the business end of the pulse rifle pointed just so...but at the wall. How she'd drug him up here and all....?

What was she doing?

Don't ask me why he just stood there, but he did. I'm just the writer, He's Ragnar.

Satisfied, she placed a small something between the pulse rifle and the wall, then moved back and rested her front paw on the trigger.

Ragnar knew a set up when he saw one. "Oh no you don't young lady!"

A final two steps and he scooped he up. It's like she hadn't even realized he was there. A little irked he spun her around and raised a finger to start another lecture when he got another surprise....

ArticKitten had a black eye! And a very upset, near crying, yet not kind of look. She started squaling, babbling, gesturing. pointing, animating even.

Ragnar was at a loss. A black eye?

"Woah, woah, woah, slowdown some so I can follow." She stried.

He didn't get it all but it was something about a mouse, a big one. She was minding her own business, going for a crunch snack when she found it! It was in her super secret hiding place and it was eating her crunch! She demanded it stop, it didn't. She tried to take the crunch and it, it, it punched her!

Ragnar just looked at her. Okay, Kitten, crunch, overkill, active imagination, what was she going to do, shoot a mouse with a pulse rifle?...

Dumb question.

He wasn't sure he wanted to believe any of this. "Look Kitten, there are no giant Mice. No such thing. If you're trying to get out of trouble your're going to have to do better than that."

About that time Ragnar caught motion out of the corner of his eye.

Something, slightly larger that Kitten ,scurried away from the wall and scooped up the crunch she had left for bait. Now Rag had seen a lot of things but....

A giant Mouse?

It chittered and whisked it's whiskers. Kitten started struggling and hissing to get at it....more likely the Gunny.

Ragnar stumbled and had to side step to keep his balance. Artickats were quite fiesty when they wanted to be. One foot knocked gunny, the other stepped on something squishy?....

There was a sharp pain in his little toe!

The mouse bit him!

Ragnar howled!

Now picture this...Ragnar, dressed in a bathrobe, trying to hold onto Kitten with one hand, hopping about on one leg, voculizing pain, trying to reach his foot with his other hand....

The mouse scurried back to whence it came.....

Ragnar went for the pulse rifle....

This was war!

No Mouse was going to bite him and get away with it....well maybe one but we won't go there. :)
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby JilaCosa on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:07 am

Jila sighed. This room wasn't what her rooms at the old FarScape Mansion had been but it had possibilities. There was that phenomena of the inside of a thing not just seeming larger but being larger than the outside of the thing. Maybe she could get Rae to show her how that was done. This room did have a couple of nice windows with some really incredible views though.

Jila lay back on her sofa staring out at one of these incredible views and let her mind wander through the new Mansion. Since the beginning of her magic she could feel each of the Scoobs in her mind; some stronger than others. Rae of course was the strongest, but she could read all of their emotions at some time or another, and all of the Scoobs were content right now. Life was getting back to normal.

Suddenly Jila sat up straight on her couch. A picture had formed in her mind that made her giggle. It was Ragnar, and he wasn't happy. He was hopping on one foot while holding the other foot in one hand and Kitten in the other. What in Heaven's name was going on this time??

Poor Rag. Jila giggled some more as she scrambled off the couch to find where all this was going on. She didn't know this Mansion well enough yet to tell by backgrounds where people were.

As she ran down one particular hallway she slid to a quick stop as a door opened (inward, thank TPTB) and out stepped Rae. Jila was right up on her tiptoes by the time she stopped and Rae only needed to push her backwards with one finger to set her back flatfooted.

"Hey, what's the rush?" Rae grinned at her friend's dilemma.

"Check this out." Jila grinned back and opened her mind to let Rae see what she had seen.

"Oh My God!" Rae laughed out loud. "That's hysterical!! Where is he?"

"I don't know. That's my problem."

"Hold on a minute." Rae went quiet for a moment as she reran the picture through her mind. "Hmm, I wondered where Gunny had gotten off to." Rae went quiet again. " Got it. Gunny told me where they are and how to get there. Let's go!" Rae couldn't wait to see what was happening now.

The two hurried down one hallway after another until they found the scene of the 'action'.

Ragnar growled as he let go of his foot and moved to pick up Raegun. The girls heard snatches of Ragnar's grumblings; something about a large mouse, some crunch, and blasting the little sucker. Rae snatched up Raegun just before Ragnar could.

"Whoa! What's up big guy?" Rae stared at Ragnar with one of those looks on her face.

Ragnar glared back. This had not been a good day and the blasted woman was sticking her nose where it didn't belong again.

"Uh Rag?" Jila said as she put one hand on the big man's wrist and started prying his fingers up with her other hand. "Let go of Kitten Rag. You're squeezing her. Can't you feel her claws in your skin?"

Ragnar looked at his bloody arm and his hand relaxed letting Kitten go into Jila's arms. Jila rolled Kitten over in her arms and held her like an infant. Of course Kitten played this to the hilt but it was expected in a situation like this.

"Okay, so, back to the original question." Rae said as she started to grin. "What's up?

Sigh There were days even Ragnar couldn't resist Rae's grin. Ragnar shook his head slowly. He knew that no matter what he said Rae wasn't going to believe any of it. Although, maybe Jila might. She had kids who sometimes told true stories in wild ways. And so, tell her he did. He was almost regretting the telling when that 'mother' look came over her face. It turned out okay though 'cause she always gave her kids the benefit of the doubt in these occasions, and told him so with a smile.

"Where is the killer mouse." Rae laughed. "I want to see it. It can't be that big!
Still diagonally parked in a parallel universe
The FarScapeScoobyGang
JilaCosa
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:35 am

Ragnar knew better but blast it his toe hurt! For once he let the heat rise into his face. Yes, he was turning red, and yes Rae kept chuckling. He knew she didn't mean it in a bad but but just the same....

He burst out with stern accusing words. "I knew you wouldn't believe me!"

She tried to silence the chuckle, really she did, but if he could just see himself!

"Sorry big guy but that ones a bit farfetched. You sure you didn't just bang your head or something?" She reached out to do a little poking and prodding just to be sure.

He brushed her hands away. "I'll show you!"

"Oh please do." She couldn't help it, it just slipped out.

He glanced at Kitten, still playing it up in Jila's arms, gesturing and acting indignant as she told her version of the tale. He knew they absolutley weren't likely to believe her.

Good thing he wore a long robe. Cinching it tighter he glared at Rae, then dropped to his hands and knees at the spot he'd seen the mouse disappear into. He began poking and prodding, looking for a hole it could have gotten into, some rock it got behind, some crevice it was hiding in...

He felt something "Hah!"

There was a squeak, not a mightly one ,but a squeak....

A small field mouse ran out from the shadows, paniced as Kitten suddenly hissed, and darted off as Rae and Jila doubled over in laughter.

Ragnar just stared as the little two inch 'monster' scurried away. Kittten pounced onto his back. She, at least, still believed.

"Some monster that is."
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

sitting

Postby Kayde on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:42 am

Relaxing in her room, with a couple of her dogs at her feet, Kayde heard Rae and Jila talking in the hall as they passed, and heard Jila giggle. She put down the book she was reading, and went down the hall after them. Maybe they were going for a snack, if Nelson would let them near the kitchen. She was hungry.

No, they headed for the baths. Kay came in just in time to learn that Kitten was going after the same mouse that Ragnar got bit by.

"Oh my!" Kay said, feeling for both Kitten and Ragnar. She tickled Kitten under her chin, and exclaimed over her black eye till Kitten was satisfied in the sympathy range.

Kay, knowing Ragnar, and knowing there was usually one reason Ragnar waited so late to bathe, couldn't resist peeking behind them at the bath Ragnar had picked. Nope, no rubber duckie.

Grinning she tweeked Rag's arm. "So Rag, have you relegated Duckie to the shelves in your room? Have you given him up for baths?"

Turning red, Ragnar glanced at the tub and back at Kay. "Umm.. no, no more duckies. You guys made too much fun of me before." He was thinking. "Where the heck is that duck? It was just there."
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby RagnarRB on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:55 am

Rae held up two fingers behind Ragnar's back where Kay could see them, but not he. She silently mouthed the words 'this big' as she held a thrumb and finger barely two inches apart.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

LOL

Postby Kayde on Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:20 am

Kay cracked up laughing and Ragnar looked at her with a frown. She just smiled at him.
Puppies....They eat, they sleep, they play, they pee, they poop and they make us smile...
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Postby Sandworm on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:02 am

Sandworm stuck his head round the door and said hi.
"I can't come in - I mustn't get wet, but how you all doing?"
and he wondered why Kay looked so amused and Ragnar looked confused.

he wondered if he would ever understand these people he'd met.
ImageImage

Sikozu: "Do you have any plan of escape?"
Aeryn: "Run"
Sikozu: "Anything more detailed?"
Aeryn: "Run quickly" - Bringing home the Beacon

"I'm a damn scientist!" - John, Premiere

www.freewebs.com/farscapevirtualseason5
Virtual Season 5: The Peacekeeper Wars may be over, but the story continues.
Sandworm
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby RagnarRB on Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:20 pm

"Cann't get wet? How come" All the time he was trying to remember where he left his ACME catalog.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Drumheller on Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:52 am

"Hey guys, what's up?" Drum said entering the room. "Why are you all hanging out in the bathroom?"

Drum looked at the group and, finally noticing Ragnar was in his bathrobe, gave a sigh. "Rag, is this another one of your late night duck hunts? You really should keep a better eye on that thing."
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath" -Led Zeppelin (The Battle of Evermore)
Drumheller
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

chryse walked by

Postby chryse on Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:48 pm

Yawning...

"Hey guys, what's all the commotion? It's waaaay late." Chryse leaned against Drum as she yawned again.

"It's not a rubber ducky hunt!" said Ragnar indignantly. "There's a giant mouse. It bit me and gave Kitten a black eye."

"What? A giant mouse?" asked Chryse, a little more awake now.

"Like in the old Tom and Jerry cartoons Rag? It was a baby kangaroo." laughed Drumheller.

Rae made her "2 inch size" motion again for the Chryse and Drum as she had for Kay behind Ragnar's back.

"But something hurt Kitten" said Kay, still holding and petting Kitten. "We ought to find out what did it."

Kitten nodded her head vigorously, *Yeah, that thing needs to be taught a lesson! No mouse does that to a Kitten!*
Too many clicks spoil the browse......
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Kara was

Postby KaraS on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:23 pm

Kara was wandering the halls, looking for the kitchen. What she found was the bathroom, with large stone jacuzzis in it. And lots of Scoobs also.

"What's up?" she asked everyone.

Sandworm looked at her. "Ragnar and that kitten were attacked by a giant mouse."

"Was that what I saw running down the hall?" Kara said. "It looked kind of like a koala or one of those large South American rodents."
KaraS

For we are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams - Willy Wonka
KaraS
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby RagnarRB on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:35 pm

Ragnar was estatic, he grabbed kara by the arms. "You saw it?!" They had to believe him now.

Kara took all the expressions in for a second and then looked innocently at Ragnar. "Saw what?" She was all smiles.

Ragnar groaned.
RagnarRB
Nebari Snurcher

Postby Drumheller on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:44 pm

"Don't worry Rag," Drum said patting him on the shoulder. "you say you saw a giant mouse, I belive you."

Ragnar seemed to brighten a little at that.

"What do you say we go find the rodent." Drum pulled his staff out of his faerie bag. "No one goes around biting peoples toes and blacking eyes on my watch!"
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath" -Led Zeppelin (The Battle of Evermore)
Drumheller
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Well,

Postby Kayde on Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:29 am

"How about flashlighs, Drum? Got any?"

Kay yawned. Here they were at all hours of the night, chasing a mouse that Ragnar thinks is a giant one. Well, maybe it is. What the heck, it was the weekend.

Kara took the lead, showing them where she had seen the rodent running past her.
Kayde
Delvian Pa'u

Next

Return to Scooby Chat