Do you like the way the forums look now?

Let us know about anything (especially problems) to do with the site and forums.

Moderator: Dani Moure

Should we change the look of the forums to something more like the site?

I like it as it is now!
42%
I'd prefer if it was more brown like before
42%
I have another idea (please explain below)
14%

Total votes : 14

Do you like the way the forums look now?

Postby Dani Moure on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:54 am

OK so currently we are using the default look of phpBB with our logo... I quite like it and am not sure whether to change it or not. It will take a bit of work to create a browner version similar (but not the same) as what we had before we upgraded. So I need to know from you guys, should we leave it like this, or make it browner?
.dani//MOURE
Webmaster and anime maniac. Raelee Hill's biggest fan. David Kemper's biggest fan too.
Also webmaster/owner of Farscape World (duh!).
Dani Moure
Evil Overlord
Evil Overlord

Re: Do you like the way the forums look now?

Postby Emeraldcity on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:17 am

Dani, I like it!! The brown has always been, well.......kindof yucky..... LOL LOL I do like the blue with the logo a lot.
www.peachtreeservices.net

The shopping cart is now up and running. Come see what the cast does in their off times, www.peachtreeservices.net/shop
Emeraldcity
Cast Convention Manager
Cast Convention Manager

Postby chryse on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:45 am

Interesting update. I do like the new tools and features. Seems like the html in the forum descriptions aren't recognized though. The part that was bolded in the "Peacekeeper Wars" forum, about the spoilers, has a <b> </b> tags around it instead.

The silver blue scheme is quite nice. It's sleek and elegant. But I think that something more in keeping with the rest of the site would be better. Not exactly the same as the old version though.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Chi_fi_Eagle on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:24 am

H'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I have always preferred the brown look for farscapeworld. I don't know about the blue. I believe most other forums were blue and it was always refreshing to come here for the brown. It had more of that sinister, uncharted territory look to it and I kind of liked it. This looks more mainstream and Farscape to me was so....well so...DIFFERENT and I think that is why I used FW.com as my most used reference and communication portal on the net. Dani, you and I go way back to my early discussions about your reviews during replays of season one while I started mid way through season two...I miss the brown

done in PA
"No Dream is guaranteed...the grace of age is we learn to accept." Gigi Edgley/Chiana admirer
Chi_fi_Eagle
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Urpling on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Well, you know how Farscape took all the best archetypal themes known to drama and flip reversed them...I was wondering if...in honour of the ever-present bizarro motif...your most creative webmasters could do something a little...odd...even if it was just a few tweaks here and there.

We Fanboys and girls would be right behind you; weird is perfect. (But not so weird that people with certain differences would find it hard to read/see.)
Urpling
Kalish Resistance

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:28 pm

I like it now, although I find find shocking looki9ng this way. but I'm sure I will use to it.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby SunKrux on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:15 pm

This will take some getting use to, but I like it. However, I always liked that this forum was set apart from others by the distinctive brown. I'm sure if you can at some point, you'll be able to give folks who prefer the brown the option. And keep the blue/silver option for those who prefer it. :D :mrgreen:
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby AERYNSUN on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Changes are always hard to be used to, but if it'¡s a good change it's worth to do it. And as I said before, I'll get used to it because changing is always good. Specially if it's for good.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby SunKrux on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:22 am

AERYNSUN wrote:Changes are always hard to be used to, but if it'¡s a good change it's worth to do it. And as I said before, I'll get used to it because changing is always good. Specially if it's for good.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the change, just offering suggestions for giving those of us who like the brown the option to use it. Change can be good and in this case I think it is. Wouldn't you like the option to change the color scheme of the board if you wanted to? I'm on several boards in different fandoms and some have the option to customize the board to one's tastes -- meaning several different color schemes/layouts available for the fans to choose from. I like having options. :mrgreen:
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby AERYNSUN on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm

SunKrux, I was NOT complaining, just making a point. And Yes, I like having the choice of changing the scheme of the board if I want to do it.

I like this board very much, otherwise I wouldn't be a member for such a long time, and I want to continue like that. Whatever the design is.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby SunKrux on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:43 pm

AERYNSUN wrote:SunKrux, I was NOT complaining, just making a point. And Yes, I like having the choice of changing the scheme of the board if I want to do it.

I like this board very much, otherwise I wouldn't be a member for such a long time, and I want to continue like that. Whatever the design is.

I didn't say you were. I was merely pointing out that NO ONE has complained. Gotta love misinterpretation of language. ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby Gorgon on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:43 am

Why not add more styles and let people pick an option? There are hundreds out there, and custom ones are easy to make.

*My first post here, but good to see people are still in love with Farscape. I received an email bump with the forum update, and I got that tingly feeling just thinking about how much fun the show was.
Gorgon
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby chryse on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 am

Well, that's both true and not so true Gorgon.

Dani, I think, is really the only one here who knows how to make the XML changes for a new skin. The rest of us don't really have a clue. At least I know I don't. :lol:

Also, I think that there aren't many skins available for this version of phpbb yet.
chryse
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby SunKrux on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:31 am

chryse is right. I wouldn't even begin to know how to make a new skin. We'll all just have to be patient until Dani has the time to write the code for one. For now I'm just glad the board is back up. :mrgreen:
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby pkgrl on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 pm

I can live with the fairly generic blue for now. I was very used to the brown and yellow of the old forum, but don't want anyone to use up valuable time and resources trying to get us back to that. There are other options we can be didling with. :P And I'd hate to find out that it costs more or uses a lot more server space to have "skin options" :roll: I can live with this. ;)
PkGrl

pkgrl
Peacekeeper Commander

Next

Return to Site/Forum Suggestions, Help & Feedback