Which commerce planet did Crichton get his hair gel from?

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Which commerce planet did Crichton get his hair gel from?

Postby JackBauer on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:40 am

The hair transformation from season 1 to season 2 is quite incredible.
JackBauer
Delvian Pa'u

Postby littlejamie on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 am

Well I think it was the writers way to show he was going to go crazy this season.

There are other possibilities as well.

He borrowed something from Zhaan, after all she had alot of scents and potions.

He bought some gel that he thought was hair gel on some planet.

Or he had it in his Iasa bag and forgot about it. Or remembered it and thought there was no reason to wear it. Until he realized fully that he was falling for Aeryn and wanted to look good.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Firecracker on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:30 pm

littlejamie wrote:Well I think it was the writers way to show he was going to go crazy this season.

I agree with littlejamie - I think it was a creative decision to show that Crichton was becoming unhinged.

But in the Farscape Universe you could make a case for Crichton running out of whatever he was using for shampoo and having to use regular old soap. :)
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Re: Which commerce planet did Crichton get his hair gel from?

Postby Mreen on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:38 am

Sadly all makeup artists give the actors spikey gel hair to show they are crazy, #-o which is not only unoriginal and more than a bit illogical, that becoming unhinged gives all males an urge to buy hair gel and get playdo crazy with it, but as creative as the Farscape makeup artists were, they couldnt stop themselves. [-X

Maybe Zhaan was giving him oils to treat his headaches, and telling him to rub it into spikey hair do for the best effect.

The only exception I've seen on TV show to the hairgel compulsion for people with mental/emotional problems was in the Invisible Man. Now, granted that he went crazy on a regular basis so had the messed up hair even before he went crazy the first time, but -this is the key departure here- when he started going thru extreme depression, he came into work once with his hair combed nicely and normal looking. His keeper remarked on it, so he started self-conciously messing it up, to appear normal for his work buds :lol: =D> =D>
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Return to General Farscape