I found a cut scene!

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby TINemo on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 am

I wasn't refering to any rape scene(if there was one I've forgotten it.) I was refering to Chiana chained up and apparently being sold and I think it was John who called her a heifer.It appeared to be a slave auction , so was a disturbing scene.

And the milking parlor where Jool was having her *essence* drained also was very graphic imagery for TV14 , even on a Friday night.

And as I mentioned before, J and D were just stupid.They were lucky that all they lost was money. Natalie Holloway's disappearance on Aruba hadn't happened yet when that was aired, but I had heard other horror stories of students on spring break.I'm a retired college prof and one of my advisees had a scary experience, even though they were given explicit instructions about not going off with men from the country they visited. At least my student survived.

Dark episode all around except for the ever great work of Francesca Buller (Mrs Ben) as the androgenous Rixal/
Technical information nerd
CEO #68
Mad Hatter #68
Watch out for wormholes, you never know what will come out--Stephen Hawking,Universe in a Nutshell
Do not go where the path leads. Instead go where there is no path and leave a trail- RW Emerson
TINemo
Scarran Ruling Order

Postby Firecracker on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:09 pm

TINemo wrote:I wasn't refering to any rape scene(if there was one I've forgotten it.) I was refering to Chiana chained up and apparently being sold and I think it was John who called her a heifer.It appeared to be a slave auction , so was a disturbing scene.

The subtext in "Scratch n'Sniff" was all about rape and drugs and sexual slavery. That one scene encapsulated it for me.

And the milking parlor where Jool was having her *essence* drained also was very graphic imagery for TV14 , even on a Friday night.

That was another very distressing scene.

Dark episode all around except for the ever great work of Francesca Buller (Mrs Ben) as the androgenous Rixal/

Yes - But Raxil may have been a comedic character - but the responsibility and her future actions are all kinda disturbing.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:57 pm

During season 3 the UK aired Farscape during kiddy television hours (yes, I know) and when Scratch and Sniff came on, they couldnt really air it at that time, so aired it at a 'special time', 10pm. Lots of announcements, etc, that they were doing this so many viewers caught it, and it was hoped that they learned their lesson and would start airing Farscape at more 'grown-up' later hours after that. (I dont know the outcome, I wasnt in the UK. But the UK fans often aired their timeslot woes to the sympathic ears of scapers in other countries)

Despite the dark themes, I always found that ep on the 'lite' side .. possibly bcs it was told in 'stream of inebriation' method, by a very drunkan John Crichton to a disbelieving Pilot. I had to write a review of it... didnt like it first viewing, but I had to view it three times during the course of my review and it grew on me. :)
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Re: I found a cut scene!

Postby Mreen on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 am

They did air it in the UK, but at a "special time" of 10pm, instead of at the kiddie hour. I remember because a lot of UK scaper fans at the time were so frustrated that they would air Farscape during the kiddie hour, and therefore cut bits out- they hoped when some of the censors noticed enough to air Farscape at a later time for that one ep, that they would start airing it at a more reasonable time for it's audience. The general feeling was the executives in charge of the schedule couldnt handle the fact that Farscape was not a kid show, yet was still done by Henson. Apparently trying to hold both thoughts in their heads at once would have made them explode or something <g>

Well, that was the gist of what they said. Canadian TV had similar issues- it was aired on their kids channel instead of their scifi channel, till finally fans sent in DVDs/tapes of what the eps were like, demanding it be put on the Space Channel instead of with the kiddie shows. (I'm thinking Nicky/Firecracker? TBZF?) The execs moved it and apologized, but said they had a really good excuse. Apparently someone from Henson production, when they sold them the show, they sent a few minutes to sum it up - apparently it was just a clip of Rygel farting helium. So, how were they to know it was an action/adventure/lovestory for grown ups? With what they were shown, Henson must have been selling it as Rugrats for muppets.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Firecracker on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Mreen wrote:Canadian TV had similar issues- it was aired on their kids channel instead of their scifi channel, till finally fans sent in DVDs/tapes of what the eps were like, demanding it be put on the Space Channel instead of with the kiddie shows. (I'm thinking Nicky/Firecracker? TBZF?) The execs moved it and apologized, but said they had a really good excuse. Apparently someone from Henson production, when they sold them the show, they sent a few minutes to sum it up - apparently it was just a clip of Rygel farting helium. So, how were they to know it was an action/adventure/lovestory for grown ups? With what they were shown, Henson must have been selling it as Rugrats for muppets.

It was something like that. :lol:

However YTV (the kiddie channel) only aired Season One and didn't air 'Family Ties' - so they must have known by the end of the first season that (a) this wasn't a kiddie show and, (b) they wouldn't be picking up the second season. Canadians had to wait a bit until The Space Channel finally acquired the rights to Farscape and (bless 'em) The Space Channel treated Farscape with the respect it deserved. The show was aired in sequence, without months long hiatus and with enormous support by the programming people as far as advertising and cast interviews were concerned..
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:14 pm

And now you know why they stopped at YTV and recommended moving it to Space - a fan took the time to explain their error to them. I'm thinking it was TBZF. But they were very good about replying and explaining why they were misled. I always wonder if the same misleading publicity package was sent to BBC in the UK and that's why they were so confused about it.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby frenchkissing on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:39 am

yes the original edition can always give us some surprise~
frenchkissing
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Previous

Return to General Farscape