The Scapecast wins the Parsec Award for Best Fan Podcast!

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Postby Firecracker on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Uncharted Territories – September 4, 2006

The ScapeCast was recognized for outstanding achievement in the Best Fan Podcast category at the first Parsec Awards held in Atlanta, Georgia, on September 1-4.

The Parsec Awards, hosted by Farpoint media, honor excellence in science fiction and fantasy podcasting. Fans nominated the ScapeCast for consideration, but a juried panel selected the five finalists. The jury evaluated a 15 minute audio sample from the five finalists.

Thank you to all the listeners who support Farscape and the ScapeCast. Thank you to the creators of Farscape, Brian Henson, Rockne O’Bannon, the Jim Henson Company and all the cast and crew of Farscape for stories that continue to inspire the fans with so many rich and fun things to explore and discuss.

In addition to the honor and recognition of winning the first ever Parsec Award, the ScapeCast received a super-cool trophy! The ScapeCast also receives a highly produced 30-second spot from the Draco-Vista Studios. This commercial will air on every Farpoint Media show during the month of September and should bring many new ears to our work.

The ScapeCast is a program about the TV series Farscape. The goal is to share the wonders of Farscape with listeners around the world! The ScapeCast is a Farscape fan-created news and discussion audio program available as a podcast (commonly referred to as a "Internet Radio"). The podcast is easy to access via direct download, subscribed download using tools such as iTunes or Juice, or streaming over the web.

The mission is to keep the passion of Scapers burning bright and to introduce new fans who found the show from the DVDs, television syndication or word of mouth to the wealth of information and community available to Scapers. The Scapecast keeps fans up-to-date on everything Farscape, from episode and character discussions, irreverent news and 'splaining the dirty words. The goal of the podcast is to help future Farscape endeavours come a little closer to reality - and to laugh, have fun and revel in the Farscape Fan community along the way!

The Scapecast – http://www.scapecast.org

RSS feed link: http://scapecast.libsyn.com/rss

The Parsec Awards - http://www.parsecawards.com/nominees.html

God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:42 am

That's great news. Congrats :D, I have been wondering about it and how it did at that awards show.

I listened to the sample I took at the convention. I just loved it.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Firecracker on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:44 pm

littlejamie wrote:That's great news. Congrats :D, I have been wondering about it and how it did at that awards show.

I listened to the sample I took at the convention. I just loved it.

Thanks! We are very proud of our win. And are very honoured to have been nominated with such outstanding podcasts as Pottercast, The Signal, Kick Ass Mystic Ninjas and Requiem of an Outcast. You can check out our competition (and us) here: Parsec Awards Winners and Nominees. Look under Best Fan Podcast. :)

Feel free to download all our episodes here: The Scapecast
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

what can we say but

Postby Mreen on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:05 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Yay team! You guys did a fantastic job!
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Return to General Farscape