Death (Spoiler Warning)

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

Death (Spoiler Warning)

Postby Kenny64 on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:21 pm

What the frell was the point of killing the Crichton that was in love with Aeryn
when we all waited to see they fall in love from the beginning of the series.
Im at episode 18 of season 3, and i think this destroyed Farscape when they fuck up things like this. Will Farscape ever recover from this incident ?

MOD - SunKrux - EDIT: Please watch your language on this forum...we have CHILDREN here. If you feel the need to swear, please only use FARSCAPE swear words
Kenny64
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Kenny64 on Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:45 pm

nice touch to the swearing :D
Kenny64
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby SunKrux on Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:00 pm

It's the best way to keep all the members happy here. ;)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby AERYNSUN on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:13 pm

Well, answering to the question why did the writers kill Talñyn John. well, in my opinion because they have already finished with the retrieval squad and they were going back to Moya, where the other Crichton was .

They couldn't br two Crichtons on Moya because it could be a real problem not only for Aeryn but for the two Crichtons. Tere could be fights (arguments) and so on, and love could have turned to hate. I think that way, killing Talyn John saving the galaxy, she firts has a good memory of him and back to Moya, with time, she gives all her love to John, the Moya John. I think they wanted to keep the attention and of course they did!!

NOTE: SunKrux: Nice job warning about swearing. Not only for Childre, but also for ourselves. We must be respectful with our posts, we never know who is reading our posts. I mean different countries, beliefes, sensibilities....
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Re: Death (Spoiler Warning)

Postby Firecracker on Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:50 am

Kenny64 wrote:What the frell was the point of killing the Crichton that was in love with Aeryn

Dunno if you noticed but both Crichton's were in love with Aeryn. Not just TalynJohn, but MoyaJohn as well. The whole "equal and original" thing that you might have overlooked makes that point very clear.

And the dramatic possiblities of one John's death was a writing opportunity that should not have been (and thankfully was not) missed.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:24 pm

I agree.

Also about keeping the tension still by pulling them apart again.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby MDeering on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:46 pm

It also helped to put them both through the ringers. John had experienced Aeryn's death at the end of season 2 so therefore it was flipped over to her.
They both put each other through hell throughout this series. That's why the ending was so satisfying and good.
MDeering
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby AERYNSUN on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 pm

I agree. For both overhelming each other's death, it's a big prove of love.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby Mad on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:10 pm

It is undoubted but that after the death of john talin ,in the 4 season we have not had the same romantic moments and a lot sexy (i do not say other through not to be censured from sunrux... :lol: ) like those between John talin and Aeryn in the 3 season and I of it have had nostalgia .... :(

The 4 season as moments john\Aeryn has been most poor....

MAD of love ....farscape.
Mad
Delvian Pa'u

Postby AERYNSUN on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:17 pm

That's why first of all Scorpious was on Moya and John didn't eant him to know that Aeryn was his weakness. So he had to pretend as if there was nothing between the. Remember the last escene in Twice Shy on the corridor, when John says to her Scorpiou's purpose, his Wormhole tech knnowledge.

And that if Scorpious knew that Aeryn was his wekness, he would use her and the baby to obtain that information.

That's why in season 4 John/Aeryn moments were so poor, but also intense due to all I said before.

But after Aeryn is rescued from the Scarrans John cheated Scorpious, and they could finally show how much they love each other.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:16 am

Yeah it had to do with Scorpy being on board.

John had to pretend, of course his whole family knew he was pretending.

There were a few moments here and there throughout the season when Scorpy wasn't around.

Also they could really show thier love by the end because by then Scorpius already knew she was his weakness.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby AERYNSUN on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:57 am

I agree, because it happened what John was more firhtened to happpen: Aeryn was kindapped by the Scarrans and he had to keep his pride and ask for help to Scorpious to get her back as a half scarran hybrid.

But she was so in love with John that she didn't think he was pretending not llving her, and she didn't realize how much John was also sufering with all that until he told her in Twice Shy.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:24 pm

I agree. The Scarrans kidnapping her was one of his biggest fears.

Scorpy knew they would discover the baby during the interigations as well.

She is so in love with him. She doesn't know how much he is suffering or pretending. In "Terra Firma" she says to caroline that "He doesn't want to be with her either".

Not until she discovers the poppers. Aeryn than knows that he is pretending and how much he is suffering by trying to keep up the pretending.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby skorsky12 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:45 pm

Mad wrote:It is undoubted but that after the death of john talin ,in the 4 season we have not had the same romantic moments and a lot sexy (i do not say other through not to be censured from sunrux... :lol: ) like those between John talin and Aeryn in the 3 season and I of it have had nostalgia .... :(
The 4 season as moments john\Aeryn has been most poor....

I totally agree with this; I just finished watching S4, and after the heart wrenching moments of end of S3, I found the love relationship of S4 somewhat wanting, it felt like that nothing was resolved satisfactorily in S4. You still feel like Moya John was not Talyn John equal (in terms of relation to Aeryn) and overall, S4 just seems out of whack, somehow. The end of Bad Timing was somewhat satisfactory, but it took a lot of episodes to get there. Maybe the writers, never expecting a cancellation come end of S4, were trying to pace themselves, trying to "cool it" so they could get back to S3 intensity gradually.

I haven't seen PK Wars yet, hopefully that will bring some natural and sexy moments to the relationship and make it close to as it was during S3.
skorsky12
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby AERYNSUN on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Well, for Aeryn, Moya John was not the same as Talyn John although she said in Natural Election that in her mind there was never a difference but her heart, I think made this difference. That's why she needs to go away at the end of season 3.

During the timne she spends out of Moya she realizes that they both are the same John, that's why she choses going back to Moya. BUT unfortunately on her way back Scorpious finds her and takes her to Moya., to everyone's surprise, specially John, of course. That at the moment he sees him, he has in his mind that Scorpious has implanted a neurochip to Aeryn, the same as he did with him, THAT'S why John behaves more coldly with Aeryn, specially when scorpious is around.

PK Wars is worth to watch but as you say you haven't, U recommend you to get it and have your own conclusions about this matter.

Is it clear that both deaths, affected them very much. Remember the escene in DWTB at the end of this episode when Aeryn is almost leaving and John insists that she stays they say: "guarantee you won't die in my arms". Aeryn. Guarantee me you won't die in mine!!!"

I'm sure you remember that scene. It was so intense and so clear that Aeryn then didn't accept Moya Johm, that she needed some time to mourn Talyn John and accept Mopya John as a single John Crichto, the love of her life.
AERYNSUN
Hynerian Dominar

Next

Return to General Farscape