who is Kahaylin?

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

who is Kahaylin?

Postby farscapefanyi on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 am

when i see farscape 206 "picture if you will"
zhaan said:"Kahaylin help us!"
I don't know who is Kahaylin
who can tell me something about Kahaylin?
thank you!
farscapefanyi
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby thoth on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:17 am

You probably mean Kahaynu. Kahaynu is one of the Builders, the toga and laurel-wearing gaseous entities who created the Leviathan race, and who the Leviathan's view as their gods. Kahaynu was played by Jonathan Hardy (voice actor for Rygel). I remember a post a while back pointing out the strangeness of Zhaan refering to a Leviathan god instead of the Goddess. But then again, just because someone exclaims "Oh, jeez" that doesn't necessarily mean they believe in Christianity either. It could just be an acquired expletive.
Sikozu: Tell me, when will we stop following this human and start imposing our agenda on him?
Scorpius: We already have...
thoth
Delvian Pa'u

Postby littlejamie on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:54 pm

It was in The Princess Trilogy. He wanted to check out Moya to see why she produced Talyn.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby SunKrux on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:48 pm

Actually it's a Delvian god/goddess that she prays to several times during the show.

"Picture if You Will" is NOT the eps where Moya and Pilot meet the "maker" of Moya/Leviathans. :)
I like corny. I'm looking for corny in my life. - Iris - The Holiday
A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. - Kyra Sedgwick
I'm the only one with my permission to waste my time. - DNash
SunKrux
The Chosen One
The Chosen One

Postby farscapefanyi on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:54 am

SunKrux wrote:Actually it's a Delvian god/goddess that she prays to several times during the show.

"Picture if You Will" is NOT the eps where Moya and Pilot meet the "maker" of Moya/Leviathans. :)

i think your explain is right.
farscapefanyi
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Mreen on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:32 pm

Maybe she thought he'd help out, if Moya was in trouble <g>

I'd have to rewatch the ep to see if she calls on the builder or her goddess, bcs I'm terrible with names. *looks at the ground shamefacedly*
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby CaptainCrais on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:29 am

Many might not know, But Kahaynu (sp) was played by Johnathan Hardy (voice of Rygel) and is the only time i can think of that he actually made a visual appearance in Farscape as a Real person and not a voice.

And the episode is in Season 2 the Look at the Princess trilogy.

A Kiss is but a kiss
I do...i think
The Maltese Chrichton.
One who battles monsters should take care that they themselves do not become monsters. When you gaze into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.-Friedrich Nietzsche

"Time"-"'s Up"-"Time"-"Flys"-Time"-"Bandits"-Time"-"Wounds all heals"-"Time"-"Rosemary and"-Time"-"'s Up!" <Blast> <Freeze> "Time..." "Either stop pointing guns at people or get a bigger gun!" -Einstein and John on the Iceberg, Episode "Unrealized Reality"
CaptainCrais
Peacekeeper Commander

Return to General Farscape