PK uniform question

Talk about anything Farscape! Please direct specific discussions to their respective forums.

Moderators: SunKrux, chryse, Dani Moure, Emeraldcity

PK uniform question

Postby wspatterson on Sun May 21, 2006 8:32 am

Hi,
I'm relatively new to the Farscape show, but have since become a big fan. I do have a random question about Sebeceans. The first episode with Scorpious has him with a strange looking female assistant, and I just saw another episode with a nurse who was also strange looking. They both had basically white-ish skin, odd hair color and funky eyes, but otherwise looked like a Sebecean. What's their story?
Thanks.

Mod edit: SunKrux
I changed the title of this thread as it is more about PK uniforms than Sebeceans. Not all Sebeceans are PKs. :D
wspatterson
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby Sikozu® on Sun May 21, 2006 10:55 pm

They're ugly that's all :D
relative translation from bulgarian:
The man or rather the creature that looked like human slowly creeped out of the mud, developed limbs and fingers. He rised and looked toward the stars. He was seeing them for the first time but already knew that one day they will belong to him.
Sikozu®
Hoo-man... Lost in Space

Postby farscaperkevin on Mon May 22, 2006 7:42 am

I cant quite remember wich episodes they were in, but the one that crichton called barbie, and the asian one that helped scorpious when he had john's neural clone inside him were attractive. I think their still sebaceans, they just have more freedom of choice when it comes to personal style since they arent actually military. and the eyes may be some sort of enhancement or just stylish contacts, even in the other side of the galaxy I would imagine they have that stuff
farscaperkevin
Luxan Warrior

Postby Mreen on Tue May 23, 2006 2:40 am

I think Scorpy likes his gals in red and blue .. he always has an attracive assistant (read nurse) to help him out. I dont think he hires them out of the army, but perhaps the PK medical core is simply has more personality and flair .. not entirely unlikely, since they are the ones performing the Peacekeepers dirty work and their Mengala experiments on 'lesser species' (they came up with the sawbit clamps in for Luxans shoulders, for instance, to chain their prisoners to the walls - once installed, they are not meant to come out. Ever.)

I could see the med staff all dressed up in color cooridinated outfits, concerned with fashion as they dress to torture their prisoner and treat their alles. Lots of leather on their mind ....

I think Peacekeeper Barbie was meant to be sort of related to Scorpy's race, and then they dropped that whole thing and just put everybody in colored outfits. Since Scorpy would never love a Scarren woman. But ..um, no spoilers, but we do see him recruit one from outside the PK system at one point. An alien pretty young gal with med knowledge.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:04 am

I think they are still Sebaceans. They jsut dress differently. Remember the gals form "Scratch'N' Sniff" who spiked John and Dargo's drinks to help Raxil.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Firecracker on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:15 am

littlejamie wrote:I think they are still Sebaceans. They jsut dress differently. Remember the gals form "Scratch'N' Sniff" who spiked John and Dargo's drinks to help Raxil.

Look at the uniforms that Scorpy's assistants wear. All of them - it is a variation on Scorpy's uniform.

Scorpy's uniform is adapted to conform to his cooling suit needs.

And Grayza also wears the same uniform - adapted for her own special needs as well.

I bet that if Jenavian Chatto was not working undercover - she would have been wearing something similar as well.
God, I love science fiction!

Click the banner to link to Farscape Canada.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:58 am

Perhaps so. Maybe they were regular sebaceans, but when became peacekeepers got an outfit to their needs.

Not all peacekeepers were born into peacekeepers some conscripted like Crais was.
"Next Ferengi we see, we run, no questions later. From this moment on, my one concern, my life, is you and our baby."
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Mreen on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:44 pm

on that note, Braca signed up of his own free will. As did Scorpy.

But while I imagine the nurses were mostly sebacian, I dont think they all were. Nor do I think all them were peacekeepers per sae, but specially working for Scorpius. The ones that wore clothes similar to Scorpy's coolant suit, that is, as opposed to the ones in uniform. I think Scorpy liked to choose people best suited for the job, in and out of peacekeeper ranks, as opposed to sticking to any system judged by sebacian purebloodedness or how much of a peacekeeper they were. A style he applied to most of his dealings, which is why he seemed to enjoy working with such scum of the universe ..

and at one point, hope I'm being vauge enough to avoid spoilers here,

we see him dealing with perfect strangers doing a job for him, its revealed the lower rank one is working under an assumed identity, and Scorpy simply kills the other to make sure the efficient one gets the job done. Tho he is as predjudiced against Scarrens as anyone, he dislikes others blindspots interfering with good help. At least, before he's ready to have them disposed of.
Last edited by Mreen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Yeah Scorpy likes having people working for him that were suited for him. People with similar goals as well, who will not betray him.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Firecracker on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:50 pm

Mreen wrote:on that note, Braca signed up of his own free will. As did Scorpy.

But while I imagine the nurses were mostly sebacian, I dont think they all were. Nor do I think all them were peacekeepers per sae, but specially working for Scorpius. The ones that wore clothes similar to Scorpy's coolant suit, that is, as opposed to the ones in uniform. I think Scorpy liked to choose people best suited for the job, in and out of peacekeeper ranks, as opposed to sticking to any system judged by sebacian purebloodedness or how much of a peacekeeper they were. A style he applied to most of his dealings, which is why he seemed to enjoy working with such scum of the universe ..

What I am saying is that Scorpy's outfit IS a uniform. A uniform bestowed upon him when he signed up to join the Peacekeepers (in Incubator he had an entirely different cooling suit).

His uniform was adapted to his needs.

His assistants wore the same uniform because they belonged to the same unit/department/agency/regiment that Scorpy did.

And Grayza wore the same outfit (adapted to her needs) because she also belonged to the same unit/department/agency/regiment that Scorpy and all his assistants did.

The question is... what department is that?

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Rav Winston on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:27 pm

B&D--?

Erm, I mean R&D...?

:oops:
"What's so important that you don't have time to look at the sky?!"

--Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Rav Winston
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Firecracker on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:37 pm

Rav Winston wrote:B&D--?

Erm, I mean R&D...?

:oops:

:lol:

both? :twisted:

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Postby Mreen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:39 am

Actually I completely disagree about the uniform subject. Scorpy is wearing a custom designed cooling suit, one that he had subltly altered with body armor over time, not something issued to him by Peacekeepers. For one thing, he kept that fact a secret from most people, only his close associates knew the 'rumors were true' about him needing a cooling suit, [altho he adored freaking out Braca with it] and none of them knew about the armor unless they'd witnessed Scorpy survive an asassination he shouldnt have.
Scorpy, being an evil genius, and working with people like Natira, accumulated a fortune on his own and surely used it to keep himself in style. Scorpy made himself so powerful that he is allowed the priviledges of rank, which if you are high enough, you dont need to wear the uniform. From what I understand from Kemper, Scorpy actually made himself powerful enough not to need a rank at all, he is simply Scorpius of the black ops wing of Peacekeepers. Something more than a disrupter, something less than an Admiral, his speciality is manipulating everyone to make himself indespensible, and leaving no doubt that anyone should fear results of disobedience of his orders over any niceities of rank. Look how he simply removed Crais from his own ship.

Grayza also never bothered with a uniform, as that would involve covering her sweaty boobs and obviously she felt powerless without them.
Later she finally felt she could cover them when she had the exposed belly of the PeaceKeepers ultimate leader's baby (supposedly) as her sign of power - thank goodness, it did at least make her look like she had a braincell at that point. Partially I guess, because, for all the show, we all knew it wasnt really that guy's baby. Big digression, but my point is, no nincompoop designed a uniform to expose a baby, that was obviously a fashion design that she chose to wear instead a uniform, to show off her source of power best. And the lovely tattoo, of course.

*pointless digression to follow*

The more militant the lifestyle, the more the higher rankes can abuse their privledges without being questioned, was the general idea - in the Peacekeepers you wanted to have friends on the High Council to be a mover and shaker - Bracca was certainly rising smoothly to the top by siding along side the movers and shakers, simply standing next to a much bigger target to rise with their successes and glide on over the victor as they met failures. Bound to be well thought of by the High Council by the time he becomes Admirial. He, of course, will always choose to wear the uniform, because it is the source of his power.
Mreen
Hynerian Dominar

Postby littlejamie on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:51 pm

I agree. Scorpius's attire is for his needs only. Along with each rank/unit having their own attire for supiriosity and power.

Scorpy is a evil genius. All he wanted was revenge on the scarrans. Being high up made him more able to do that.
littlejamie
Kalish Resistance

Postby Firecracker on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:11 am

littlejamie wrote:I agree. Scorpius's attire is for his needs only. Along with each rank/unit having their own attire for supiriosity and power.

Scorpy is a evil genius. All he wanted was revenge on the scarrans. Being high up made him more able to do that.

Which, of course, explains why Grayza wears the same uniform - adapted to her special own needs.

And why all Scorpy's assistants wear variations of his uniform.

In a rigid military structure such as the Peacekeepers individuality in uniform expression would be absolutely discouraged.

Which would mean that Grayza and Scorpy (and all Scorpy's minions) are from the same unit.

Quite simple really. As far as storytelling structure goes - that is the most elegant and simple solution to the question.

Firecracker
Peacekeeper High Command

Next

Return to General Farscape